Mikuni BTM differences? Pics inside

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougarse

Reaction score
I have 4 Yamaha warriors and 3 of these Mikuni BTM carb's. I recently rebuilt one and decided to tear apart the other two so I could rebuild them as well. I noticed these differences and only being a Warrior owner for 8 months or so I figured I would ask you guys whats up with this?

I noted on the pictures what I saw different and have comments below. Two of the three carbs are identical to the one on the right.

1. The two identical carbs both have an additional bracket that screws onto the boss to provide the throttle cable a place to screw onto. The odd ball does not, the tube itself is longer and threaded and has no boss for the bracket.

2. The idle adjustment screw is bigger and longer on the odd ball carb.

3. The float is different but appears to be interchangeable with the other two, they both had identical floats.

4. The oddball has a plate around the main jet tube that the other two do not have.

5. The oddball carb has two vents? The two identical have a boss for a second vent but not drilled.

6. Small casting difference here, the only one I've noticed.

Also notice how clean the carb is on the right. Thats after a wire brushing to remove dirt and a 20 minute bath in Gunk brand carb cleaner, the kind in the 1 gallon paint can.

Also to note 3 out of 3 had bad needle jets and worn accelerator pump springs, two of those were stuck!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG00376-20110207-1956.jpg
    IMG00376-20110207-1956.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 53
the only difference I knew about was the change from duel to single trottle cable. I think that 92 was the last year of the duel cable

All three of these are the single cable variety. The oddball came off of a 95 and the other two came off a 93 and 95.

Yeah, there were minor carb changes more the twice. I can look in my manual and try to see what year the odd ball is. For some reason I'm wanted to say 4 different carbs?

Latest posts

Back