lost spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yamaturd

Reaction score
went on a 4+ hour ride yesterday, anyways got the bike home, parked it under the carport...hour or so later came out to start it n nothin...immediatly checked for fuel and spark...turns out no spark...pulled all the fenders off when i got home tonight, n started checking everything obvious....checked the fuse, good and all connections....basically i have power, all the way to the coil....i dont have a multi meter as of right now(gonna borrow or buy one tomorrow), just a test light, so i dont have much to work with.... ....if anybody could throw out a list of some other things i could check or just run down a list of things i should check b/4 i jump to conclusion on something that its not....thanks in advance guys.... also...anyone have a downloadable service manual?????

i kno also it could possibly be my kill switch, but like i said...i dont have a multimeter to check that kinda **** tonight.....and i got a little heavy in the beers when taken all the fenders off...so im done for the night out in the garage...

you really thinkin its as easy as the kill switch????toss a couple more idea out you guys have...i also kno i gotta check the stator, both coils and grounds....id really like to get ahold of a downloadable manual if it excists....

Check all the normal switches that can cause issues. Clutch, reverse, neutral switch on the side of the case, and of course the kill switch. The link to the downloadable manual is somewhere in the stickies on this site. Do a search and you should be able to find it.

You need to download the manual. There is a chart in there that tells the wire colors and what the readings should be.

Back