Lost nut off of the valve under gastank

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbie

Reaction score
Hey guys so I needed up getting a crazy tiking from my valves yesterday.

So I opened it up to adjust them and I'm seeing that the nut for the valve is gone haha

not sure where it would go either so I drained the oil and opened the side where the stator is and I still cant find the nut.

Any ideas where it could have gone?

When I first got my Warrior I had the same problem. I ended up pulling the camshaft out and it was in the oil reservoir the cam lobes use to lubricate.

When I first got my Warrior I had the same problem. I ended up pulling the camshaft out and it was in the oil reservoir the cam lobes use to lubricate.
So I've taken the top part of the head off and the crankshaft out and I still cant find anything so I think I'm going to try to open the timing side any more suggestions

If you pull the stator cover off, it might be near the flywheel, or possibly made it to the lower end behind the flywheel. There is a hole big enough for the nut to fit in.

If you pull the stator cover off, it might be near the flywheel, or possibly made it to the lower end behind the flywheel. There is a hole big enough for the nut to fit in.
Okay I'll take a look there after work today thanks again :)

On second thought i don't think it can make it that far. The valves and cam lobes are sealed away from the rest of the motor, theres really nowhere for the nut to go down into the motor if im thinking correctly.

Hey so I just decided to take the oil filter out and see and theres a ton of metal shavings what are the odds the nut got chewed up to all these fines I have pics of my magnet and filter cover with shavings.

Hey so I decided to take my oil filter out and I found a ton of shavings under and all around the filter so I took my magnet a grab all the shavings what are the odds it got chewed right up to nothing but fines?

Back