Looking to get into GNCC?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dak023

Reaction score
I was recently approached about entering a GNCC competition at snowshoe in WVA. I was planning on using my 1997 warrior since it has works shocks, a twist throttle and an extended swingarm. Now my question is I know I couldn’t be competitive but can I atleast put up a fighting chance with a 20 year old plus quad?

Send it and let us know ive only seen 450s modded to hell but the only thing required is helmet teather kill switch and a transponder as far as i know also im pretty sure you can rent the transponder

Send it and let us know ive only seen 450s modded to hell but the only thing required is helmet teather kill switch and a transponder as far as i know also im pretty sure you can rent the transponder
I’m getting the front works shocks redone and now I’m in the process of finding an ‘01 660 rear shock. I also somehow had $700 burning a hole in my pocket and bought a set of full flights elites +2 A arms. I figure if I can atleast finish the race it’s a win 🤙🏼

I would probably do a banshee shock and I honestly would do a shorter swingarm. The longer swingarm will hinder your maneuverability and rear tire traction.
From everything I’ve read I’d have to the air box mod for the banshee shock not only that I’m on the larger size and everything I’ve read through the search feature is pointing me towards the 660 shock with the raptor 350 linkage

From everything I’ve read I’d have to the air box mod for the banshee shock not only that I’m on the larger size and everything I’ve read through the search feature is pointing me towards the 660 shock with the raptor 350 linkage
Always worth a shot and see if you like it. I always thought the raptor shock was too long.

Update: just bought Elka suspension...currently looking for white bros E series exhaust

Good Luck. I'm looking into Harescrambles with mine at some point. Are you getting the elka's set up for you right away?

Ya i should have the elka’s in about 5-6 weeks hopefully, I also go a resonant racing pipe off zoom zoom. I really should start a build sheet on here lol

Ya i should have the elka’s in about 5-6 weeks hopefully, I also go a resonant racing pipe off zoom zoom. I really should start a build sheet on here lol

Good deal. Let us know how you like em. I'm waiting on my front shocks to come back from Jogaca after getting valved and set up for my liking.

Back