Lookin for rebuild suggestions.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive only had my warrior a few weeks n I just locked it up. I knew it was runnin weak n a time bomb. So I know I wanna do both top and bottom ends and a crank n do the 366 kit. Any suggestions on what part to use.. Im used to Hondas.

Well that depends on how fast you wanna spend.

You could have your crank rebuilt with new rod and bearing or you could go with a hot rods +4 stroker. Now the top end kind of depends on the bottom end but there's ways around that. You can do a standard bore or 85mm 366 10.5:1or 12:1 JE piston or you can do a wiesco 10.25:1 or 11:1 in STD, 83.50, or 84mm. With a stroker you need either the vertex piston, a spacer made to use regular pistons, or a Kodiak 400 jug milled down to the proper deck height for regular piston. I would recommended a port and Polish on the head and a cam to tie it all together.

Basically you need to give us some guidelines of what you are wanting and how much you can spend for us to better help you.

im lookin at keepin it around $750 if possible. Wanna build something I can run gncc with but also putt around on too. I know that's a lot to ask for. Ive looked into weisco crank n piston n a stage 2 cam, heavy valves also was told to run a weisco timing chain tensor

What parts do you have now? Exhaust or anything and are you wanting to run race gas?

I would have the crank rebuilt around me it cost 175$-200. I would get a 11:1 piston in the next overbore. Get it bored and honed. Port and Polish the head and camshaft probably the 17/88mc from web but that depends on your riding style. I have no experience on cams yet I just picked up a web84. Get a pro design k&n with no lid. Exhaust if you don't have it and jet it. And hang on.

If you take it somewhere to get done it will probably cost you 750$ just to split the case and rebuild the crank. So I hope you can learn and do all of this yourself except for the machine work.

well ive done some looking around. So far I decieded on a je 85 mm piston 10.5:1 I have know of another motor that has a good crank I can get for 50 bucks. but ive also looked at hot rods and weisco full bottom end kits. As for the work ill do it myself I build performance engines for garden tractors. so ill have $50 in the machine work. im mainly only lookin to spend that in parts. It has a cheap slip on the its either lsr or msr its in rough shape. I have a fmf q4 I think I can make work. any suggestions on carbs and clutches. also really just wanna stick to high test pump gas

Back