Long travel rear suspension ideas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastlywarrior228

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for something to go along with the lt front suspension Weston came up with. A lot of guys use the raptor 660 shock, however I always found they were too long for the stock warrior geometry. I've been tossing around for years now designing a link that will use the 660 shock but increase the progression ratio with a softer spring. This would keep the stock travel but have a smoother progression. Any other ideas?

the trick would be making the progression rate as symmetrical as possible while using the proper max droop and compression of the warrior chassis and setting it up to match the 660 shock. 11-12" of travel should be possible but im sure billet linkage will be needed to perfect it.

So uh... this is an old thread but I couldn't help but notice drw has a rear linkage listed on the website. Doesn't have much info and I can't find anyone who had reviewed it. Gonna go out on a limb and guess drw is duneracerweston... he still active here? Seems his quad is a test bed for his products so I'm curious is anyone has heard of this, or if he sees this and can give some specifics himself.
Just curious how much extra travel it'll free up with the stock shocks or if it's designed specificly for a different set up. Seems 350$ to upgrade the geometry is a better spend than 600$ for a better shock, and I'm suprised nobody is talking about it

So uh... this is an old thread but I couldn't help but notice drw has a rear linkage listed on the website. Doesn't have much info and I can't find anyone who had reviewed it. Gonna go out on a limb and guess drw is duneracerweston... he still active here? Seems his quad is a test bed for his products so I'm curious is anyone has heard of this, or if he sees this and can give some specifics himself.
Just curious how much extra travel it'll free up with the stock shocks or if it's designed specificly for a different set up. Seems 350$ to upgrade the geometry is a better spend than 600$ for a better shock, and I'm suprised nobody is talking about it
Yes I talk to him all of the time. I am actually running one of his links now. It doesn't add travel per se but it is super smooth. With my long travel front suspension and his linkage with a banshee shock I was floating over everything.

My biggest problem is deep sandy whoops, once you get a bit out of rhythm the back kicks up and out, noticing it is alot worse than guys on newer machines. Helps alot in them situations? If so I'll throw it on the same order as the oil cooler adapter and see how it performs

My biggest problem is deep sandy whoops, once you get a bit out of rhythm the back kicks up and out, noticing it is alot worse than guys on newer machines. Helps alot in them situations? If so I'll throw it on the same order as the oil cooler adapter and see how it performs
Yes it'll remove all of the buck with that shock and link.

Just installed the drw link last night. Even with the stock shock it makes a noticeable difference. I'm no anthropologist but I think it moves some mounting points around so that the suspension has less leverage against the spring as it travels up so you have a more predictable spring rate
I'll have a little better review after a proper ride but even on a quick rip the back kicks less on small bumps and seems to stay planted better

Back