KZ Warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveycrocket16

Reaction score
Hi, I've been working on my 1989 warrior 6 months now when i can find time, I'm a welder, fabricator, automotive paint and car restoration usually take up my time, anyway here goes, [ I pulled the stock 350 & trans when the stator quit am installing a kz550, with it's 6speed transmission, 62 hp, i chose to come in from the top and start my chassis mod from up there, as to keep my ground clearance at optimal height, keeping my gas tank and plastics close to factory locations, i chose this build, probably because I'm lazy, there's no radiator and extras stealing precios space and only a 42lb. Differential, well maybe more than that after i finish the dual Vance and Hines exhaust which should be deafening, i hope, let me get some of these pictures set out, some pics showing the paint process of the plastics, first i painted everything jet black masking off the black stripes i needed, then the same with silver which was next, then finally the orange, a little silver flake with heavy clearcoat, thanks for looking!20220424_113139.jpg20220424_152304.jpg20220424_133237.jpg20220418_144755.jpg20220418_150139.jpg20220425_155118.jpg20220524_105530.jpg

Hi, I've been working on my 1989 warrior 6 months now when i can find time, I'm a welder, fabricator, automotive paint and car restoration usually take up my time, anyway here goes,
That looks interesting. Must have kept you busy the past months? Glad you can use pics now.

That looks interesting. Must have kept you busy the past months? Glad you can use pics now.
Thankyou, seems like there's always something to do, it's hard finding time for quad, I love working on it.

Thanks for showing those additional pictures. Any major work left to do?:)

Thanks for showing those additional pictures. Any major work left to do?:)
Yes there's lots to do, sorry i cheated putting the plastic on, i still need to section the top of the chassis then wire it, nothing hard to do, just a little time stealer. Thanks for looking.

Yes there's lots to do, sorry i cheated putting the plastic on, i still need to section the top of the chassis then wire it, nothing hard to do, just a little time stealer. Thanks for looking.
Thanks for the reply. No problem, will you keep us posted?

Thanks for the reply. No problem, will you keep us posted?
I will keep you posted, it will be a little bit, I have to move in a job today that will help me buy some groceries, ha, ha,ha.......

Found some earlier build pictures and doner bike
Thanks for the pics. That engine size is way bigger than the original. Is that the same engine mounted now?

Thanks for the pics. That engine size is way bigger than the original. Is that the same engine mounted now?
Right, the engine that is in the warrior now is out of that KZ 550 bike, it is a little bit bigger,its quiet the same as an atv 550, they only have 30hp or so and a single carb, the kz550 has 4 carburetors and 62hp, thanks for looking.

Right, the engine that is in the warrior now is out of that KZ 550 bike, it is a little bit bigger,its quiet the same as an atv 550, they only have 30hp or so and a single carb, the kz550 has 4 carburetors and 62hp, thanks for looking.
Oops, not quite the same as an atv 550, thanks

Back