kind of hard on the ol warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
Seems everyones **** is blowing up or something, beings its the end of riding season so heres my screw ups. First off i havent gotten to ride it much since i put the cam in so naturally it got the piss ran out of it. About 2 hrs of riding in the woods it was getting hot, really hot, then it started letting some smoke out of the crankcase breather, and itd leave a little puff of blue smoke coming off of wot. Next the clutch starts slipping. I decided to stop riding b4 it got any worse so i took it home let it cool off and rode later that night, well the rear brake caliper mount broke away from the bearing carrier, never seen this but i welded it all back up and its good to go other than the blow by and the slight clutch slipping when she gets hot. Kind of sucks but its gonna have to make it till winter when i can do some rebuilding.

you all jinxed me lol theres a curse at least u can still drive yours mine dont even run right at all puff studder puff studder pop stall puff

Seems everyones **** is blowing up or something, beings its the end of riding season so heres my screw ups. First off i havent gotten to ride it much since i put the cam in so naturally it got the piss ran out of it. About 2 hrs of riding in the woods it was getting hot, really hot, then it started letting some smoke out of the crankcase breather, and itd leave a little puff of blue smoke coming off of wot. Next the clutch starts slipping. I decided to stop riding b4 it got any worse so i took it home let it cool off and rode later that night, well the rear brake caliper mount broke away from the bearing carrier, never seen this but i welded it all back up and its good to go other than the blow by and the slight clutch slipping when she gets hot. Kind of sucks but its gonna have to make it till winter when i can do some rebuilding.

hook up a oil cooler to your quad its a wise investment and it wont get as hot

i no so do i and my **** blows up right b4 it hopefully we get it fixed soon were buying the alba kit for it it should be a nice improvement over just jetted and a slipon and k/n no we,ll have je high comp piston 450 lift came and titanium springs and stufftoo along with new tires and sprockets

Chalk me up as a victim of the curse, I went off a jump yesterday and heard a snap when I landed,
turns out that I just went through my second set of axle bearings, and my axle threads are both stripped...... looks like I be looking for a complete rear setup before my next ride

i wondered how hot itd get after the cam install, i guess i know now and the oil cooler is definatly on the list to come ........

yeah the oil kit doesnt cost alot by wht im told and its good for your motor espically with mods that would make it run hotter

Back