Just installed clutch kit....couple first run pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbaron

Reaction score
BuildingaSnowman3-2-08001.jpg

BuildingaSnowman3-2-08006.jpg

Awesome pics, can I use the first one as my background?

So cool looking. How did it go? Where do you live with all that snow?

QMaze said:
Awesome pics, can I use the first one as my background?
So cool looking. How did it go? Where do you live with all that snow?

No problem.......
I live in Syracuse N.Y....yeah we get snow......

Nice!! How hard was the install? Does it make much of a difference? I just ordered mine and I hope its a big difference because I mastered the wheelie without the kit and I hope the purchase is still worth it.

Also, where you get those hand guards? Do they fit good?

tsxguy77 said:
Nice!! How hard was the install? Does it make much of a difference? I just ordered mine and I hope its a big difference because I mastered the wheelie without the kit and I hope the purchase is still worth it.

Also, where you get those hand guards? Do they fit good?

Bold 1-Very Easy.....hardest part was holding the clutch hub while trying to torque...took forever to come up with something that worked...

Bold 2-Seems to be HUGE inprovement in low end and only got up to speed for short distance....but didnt appear to lose any top end.

Bold 3-Which kit you order...I got mine from off ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FPS-...62QQcategoryZ43977QQihZ017QQitemZ270117409006
couldnt find link to the Wolverine kit...but pretty much the same as this one.

Bold 4-The handguards are Power-Madd....they fit perfect (the Rox part is from a set off my sled)

What is weird about the FPS kit is that they dont include new weights with the kit. I actually wrote a complete write up on here about installing the EPI clutch kit which will be almost the same as the FPS kit, the only difference will be not needing to replace the clutch roller weights.

http://forum.woodwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=158

well going on a run this weekend....so will be able to do a real seat of the pants test......I am very happy so far and saved a bunch of $ over the EPI kit........will let you all know how it turns out....

Hi Mudbaron,

Very nice pictures but please wear an helmet next time. I know you will probably say that it was perfectly safe but an accident happens so fast :shock:. I won't remove those pictures but could you take the time to replace them? Thanks.

WoodWarrior said:
Hi Mudbaron,

Very nice pictures but please wear an helmet next time. I know you will probably say that it was perfectly safe but an accident happens so fast :shock:. I won't remove those pictures but could you take the time to replace them? Thanks.

WHY would you remove the pics...?...

I always run with a helmet...I had just pulled out on my street....but why would you care or remove the pics because..
Maybe would have been more polite to comment on my wheeler....thats what this site is about...correct...?...

mudbaron said:
WoodWarrior said:
Hi Mudbaron,

WHY would you remove the pics...?...

I always run with a helmet...I had just pulled out on my street....but why would you care or remove the pics because..
Maybe would have been more polite to comment on my wheeler....thats what this site is about...correct...?...

site operators have to have a sence of promoting saftey...and i agree...nice looking wolvy....but really slap on a helmut you do look old enough to know better :D most people that do get hurt are just "testing" i see you are testing on two wheels ...

how do you like that clutch kit? i have the epi seems good but wonder how much different that one is.. :?:

HAHAHA I tool around a few different ATV forums, for both my YFZ450 and the Wolverine. I have yet to see a site where you cold post those pics and not get the same time of response, if not worse, or they just delete your posts.

They could have just as easily questioned you for riding in the middle of the street, then doing wheelies there. That doesn't typically promote the sport to well with the general public either :roll:

I'm glad to read that most of the members don't find the rules of the forum too strict and in the case of the helmet rule find it quite logical. ;)

WoodWarrior said:
I'm glad to read that most of the members don't find the rules of the forum too strict and in the case of the helmet rule find it quite logical. ;)

yes there just fine....great job on the site and enforcing the rules ! 8)

Back