Just buzz me in

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassballs818

Reaction score
For a while now i thought my battery was going bad and i had trouble startin. I kept puttin my battery on the charger and it would charge in minutes. thats when i realized the horrible buzz under my rear fender. When i press the start button the solenoid under the left rear fender makes a buzz similar to the sound when buzzing someone into an apartment complex just loud and obnoxious.

Am i good with just replacing this ya think or do i have to do more searching?

Idk man cuz my YFZ was doing the same thing so i took the battery cables off cleaned them and put them back on and it hasent done it again since then but idk how just cleaning the cable connections actually did anything but it actually worked.

It doesnt sound healthy tho. It'll click,almost turn over, then buzz hard. But i already ordered one anyway so i'll see.

It can be a number of things. The buzzing sound is the solenoid making contact then instantly dropping out because of a lack of power when the contacts hit. A bad battery or bad connections are most likely, could also be a bad starter though.

yeah, becuase with the solenoid to actually clopse it reguires a voltage of a round 12v, then it requires a sustained voltage of around ten or so, so the battery may read fine, but it really isnt, becasue once the solenoid closes it just drops down below how much is required

They're all pretty much the same, in my experience. I'll use anything but neverstarts (everstart wal mart crap). I had a neverstart in my dual sport, all it ran was the headlights and turn signals, and it only lasted a year.

I've used the cheap ass MotoPower batteries from rockymountain and the $80 Interstates, the Interstate actually lived a shorter life because the one terminal broke off after about a year.

The one kind of battery that has stood out to me was the original YUASA's. The original one is still in my brother's 2003 250ex. It's been ran dead countless times from sitting over the winter, having the key left on, and stuff like that, and at 8 years old it still holds a charge good, which impresses me because by all accounts that battery should be so shot it wouldn't be able to light the neutral light.

Yuasa is what i had and have done similar things like leaving the key on. New battery starts with the slightest tough of the button.

I wonder whats gonna go next. So far its been five parts in the past year.

Back