JE 12:1 in 2002 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayw24

Reaction score
First i want to say hey to everyone, I am a newbie and have learned alot since joining. I have a question that you guys have probably heard a hundred times but I could not find it in any of the posts. I am thinking of buy a 2mm over 12:1 JE piston and a .450 webcam to put in my 2002 warrior. I already have a white Bros. E-series exhaust and a white bros. Mikuni performance carb. I am running a 15 tooth front and 40 back sprocket. My question is that if i buy the 12:1 piston am i going to have to run VP or racing gas all the time or can i get away with just normal 92 octane premium. Is there a bigdifference that i will notice between the 10.75:1 and the 12:1? Will i have any heat issues with the 2mm over or should i stay with the 1mm over instead. My main riding is trail and hill climbing, but occasionally i would like to be able to smoke a 400EX in a straight drag.{hondas should be banned!!} HaHaHaHa!!! Any advice would be great. Is anyone running the 12 or 10.75 JE piston that can help? Thanks guys. I will post pics just as soon as i get my dig cam working again.

Thanks for the advice. I went with the alba action kit with the JE 10.75 piston and .450 cam. Will post as soon as we get it in to let you know how it works.

Back