Inexpensive Motocross Helmet?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for an inexpensive motocross helmet. I found TMS on Amazon for $20 but I'm a little weary about it...then I saw GMAX ones for around $60 and thought those looked good. What are your opinions?

Spend money on this! It is protecting your bean.
Search eBay
If you don't want to spend a mint on a new one buy one used and clean it up.

i have an AFX FX-17. nothing fancy, very basic, but gets the job done. been thrown off my bike a few times and i still have a head and a perfectly fine helmet

there are standards to helmet making so we don't get screwed. one thing to be sure of is make sure it is DOT certified. i forget what the euro certify is but its supposed to be a little better. most helmets have them though. if you buy cheap then its going to be heavy and uncomfortable. i was at walmart and this dude spent over half an hour trying to make a $60 Bell helmet fit right but gave up. my buddy has a fly carbon-lite and you can barely tell you have it on, but its a $300 helmet. there are a bunch of great brands out there but i like my AFX helmet. its a good no thrills just standard helmet with some well placed vents. maybe $60, but $70-80 will get you something you should be happy with

I picked up an O'Neal series nine carbon/ Kevlar helmet on eBay for $40 slightly used perfect shape. Just good bidding lol

First off I'm glad that you are getting a helmet, Thumbs up. As for some opinions Its done been said Ebay has some real nice DOT approved helmets. I don't have a fancy 400 dollar shoei I got a HJC CL-X4 and a set of EKSbrand goggles and I paid under 140 for it all. The HJCs go for around 70 up depending on which style you purchase. They are some on ebay for 30 and 40 bucks. Hope this helps, HELMETS ROCK!!!!

Last edited:
You don't necessarily need to spend a grip on a lid as long as it's dot approved I've eating it bad a few times scuffed my helmet up but I only spent 69.00 on it it's the vega Mohave looks good not hip on yellow because it matches nothing I have but it was cheap and keeps my brains in my skull that's what matters

If you look at cycle gear.com they have a bunch on clearance as well and a lot of them are top notch for great prices

i have one of the tms helmets seems all right but have not got to use as i just bought then started my build.

Another place you might look that I get a lot of my gear and parts from is motorcycle superstore I haven't looked at there helmets lately but they are usually priced well with a large selection

it will be a couple weeks before i can test it out because my bike is not done yet.

I have a shift helmet and I think it is pretty nice. Its all about what ya want. you will pay a little more for comfort and lightweight, but on a long ride every creature comfort helps!

your definately not limited to AFX helmets but they are 25% off last day is today. i could get mine for $64 right now.

Latest posts

Back