I'm getting this bumper

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed5821

Reaction score
ARM_XCBUMPER.jpg

it's a little different from what I usually see on sports. Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

Damnit thats the exact same bumper i want haha. Its ok, ill just get the chrome one, lol. Just messing with you man, it should look good on there.

i was thinkin about gettin that same bumper i wanna see how it looks on a trappy 350 first tho, i think it will look good

Don't get it!!! My buddy got it and the metal on the mounts is thinner than a starved asian! It looks good but it's a piece when it comes to durability.

Thanks for the warning Boxhead, but I think I'll get it anyway and have my Dad, he is a machinist, beef up the mounts for me. He was a millwright before I was born and can work miracles with metals. I appreciate the warning though. If something surprises me it is worse than if I already know about it...lol

I seen a pic of one on a 660 and the ends are turned up slightly so it goes with the lines of the front end. Looks great. It may be a while, but I'll post pics when I get it and I'll have beefed up mounts before I install it to begin with.

Anything would be stronger than the rappy's sad excuse for a bumper, but I wouldn't want an extremely strong one. When I bought my warrior the front section of the frame was kinked and twisted because the previous owner crashed it into a tree. The bumper didn't give, so the frame took the impact.

We had to do some modifications to my friends on his z400 just so the pro armor full chassis skid would go on. You definately want some crumpling to reduce impulse when you hit stuff, but the mounts on that thing are extremely thin compared to the rest out there. If you hit something it'll just instantly crush and still hit the frame pretty hard. Don't beef them up too much, you want it right in the middle.

Oh yeah, you're right, the stocker is one of the most sorry pos's on the rap350. I don't know why they even put the thing on there. You should of seen when I hit my stocker, it shot the one rubber cap over 50 feet and at a 45 deg angle in the air, hilarious! I was riding with my cast on (broken wrist) and couldn't quite get around a smaller tree. ;D

lol...it'd be alright if you could shoot it like that on demand! Somebody comes by, pop em in the helmet.

I ordered my bumper today, got the chrome one though, like i said, along with some new front tires, an outerwares for my uni, tusk chrome gas cap, and a muffler plug. Not bad for under 250 shipped.
ARM_XCBUMPER_POLISHED.JPG

I let you know first hand how it works. Hopefully the mounts are a little stonger than you guys say. I wanted something a little diffrent, everyone has dg's and ac bumpers, so i went with this, it cost about the same as a DG v-pro.

The mounts will more than likely be very thin sheets of metal.

That sucks for me lol, o well ill make it work, if it breaks ill just have to weld it up. I figured it would be strong since, it says .125 wall thickness, if the mounts at .125 thick thats plenty enough for me, i dont plan on pushing trees lol. When i get it ill put a review up. Let you know how it turns out.

You ever get those ohlins resprung and stuff box?

I've got the limited edition rappy so I think the duller color will look better. I think they are great looking though. Definitely different.

Yea sorry to steal your bumper but i have always wanted it just never had the money to get it. But i guess they arent identicle so.

Here's the dull one on a 450R
1b_1_b.JPG

Heres the chrome one on a yfz
bf_1.JPG

It don't look as good on the honda. On the raptors and yfzs, they turn up a little and it makes em flow with the lines of the fenders more than on the 450r.

I didn't think it would look too good from the solo pic, but it does look pretty good installed.

I can't believe some of the crap they have on the market that they considere bumpers. Warriorspeed picked up a nice looking black powder coated dirt screen 'bumper' from East Coast ATV (I think). Nice looking, but one bump with that thing and the mounts are going to fold up like origami.

We'll probably go back to a DG, even though everyone has them, they are about the strongest out there, maybe I'll just get that powder coated too.

the mounts on my blingstar are pretty beefy...in my opinion theyre like one of the best looking bumpers out there, but its according to your style, most ppl either hate it or love it...but the best looking one i think is the duncan bumper
04_06_duncan_bumpers.jpg

Back