Idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid

Reaction score
I was just sittin here thinkin...Why dont they make roller rockers for quads? i think it is ATV descrimination. Lets start complaining :-D

why would you want em, it makes it more technical.

One reason they are used in cars is to reduce parasitic loss of HP.

Basically the amount of HP it takes to counteract the friction of the rockers against the valvestems/cams (or pushrods in older cars)

With the rollers there is less friction.

Better yet why not use strong magnets instead of ball bearings and needle bearings, that way the **** floats instead of rolls and rubs. ;D

Better yet why not use strong magnets instead of ball bearings and needle bearings, that way the **** floats instead of rolls and rubs. ;D

OK, Jetson- get on that design, will you!

Before Spacely Sprockets beats you to it!

They use the same concept on some new scooters that will be out in a few years for the wheels.

I would assume because 9, 10, 11,000 RPM motor conditions wont work to well with roller rocker applications...

NASCAR cars run 9500rpms continually, and im sure they have rollers. but there isnt really a reason that they dont make them for quads...not that i can think of atleast

[quote:6foce0qy]I would assume because 9, 10, 11,000 RPM motor conditions wont work to well with roller rocker applications...

NASCAR cars run 9500rpms continually, and im sure they have rollers. but there isnt really a reason that they dont make them for quads...not that i can think of atleast[/quote:6foce0qy]

Many quads can rev up into the 10, 11, 12 area though; I dunno just a guess. I would also assume because it isnt worth the cost to make them since they are single cylinder motors - the gains would probably be minimal. I would like to see magnets used though, that would be cool!

Absolutely no friction at all, magnets will replace ball bearings for axles and such I bet in the near future. The best part about it is the fact that you would never have to replace anything in the housing, no friction = no worn parts. A small scooter is actually being developed for mail carriers ect. that rolls forward and backward by leaning forward or backward and it only has one larger wheel kind of like a sphere. It automatically keeps balance simply by accelerating or decelerating and will actually handle inclines and large puddles of water fairly well. I'll post a pic if I can ever remember the company that is doing the r&d on it.

yah but for jumping itd prolly suck nuts.. oh and if you have braces.. stay away or ullbe stuck there a while ;D

i thought of the roller rockers for quads too, i also thought of having exhaust pipes like the barrel of a rifle to make the exhaust gasses move faster...but ideas arent much

i thought of the roller rockers for quads too, i also thought of having exhaust pipes like the barrel of a rifle to make the exhaust gasses move faster...but ideas arent much

What do you mean? Make the pipes rifled? Maybe that would work. Make it sorta funnel out like bath water...lol

Back