I need more power... Help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaider

Reaction score
Picture002.jpg

I need some extra POWER..for $300-$400.

I was thinking a 38mmPE Kehin Carb w/ a 10.25:1 Wiseco Piston.

Any better ideas.

My current mods include:
Front and Rear Shredders
HMF Exhaust
Pro-Flo billet intake w/ no lid
YFZ-front shocks
TUSK nerf bars (adds 100 HP!!)
AC racing bumper

Save the extra $$$ for a edelbrock carb if you decide on a carb, you'll thank me later. Another good mod would be the dyna ignition, the stocker is garbage on the warrior! For $650 you can buy the hotrods stroker crank which includes a aftermarket crank, much stronger connecting rod, and some much stronger bearings to handle high rpm's. The hotrods setup will run at 10.5 compression and boost your displacement up to 398cc. I would save more for the stroker or edelbrock, you'll be much more pleased with the results.

Save the extra $$$ for a edelbrock carb if you decide on a carb, you'll thank me later. Another good mod would be the dyna ignition, the stocker is garbage on the warrior! For $650 you can buy the hotrods stroker crank which includes a aftermarket crank, much stronger connecting rod, and some much stronger bearings to handle high rpm's. The hotrods setup will run at 10.5 compression and boost your displacement up to 398cc. I would save more for the stroker or edelbrock, you'll be much more pleased with the results.

Ya What He Said

on top of that 650......u have to add in the machine work to have it fit ....which will most likely run another 5-600 bucks ....but it is some nasty power !!!!

it dont cost that much to do the strocker kit boring if u dont know how to do it and the botton which is relly easy to do if you are capebale of doing it all u need is a good service manual and tools. u dont need to machine the case when u do it eather so its easy to do for me at least if u can fix up a car race motor u can do this. buy the way like the soda cand add pop when u drop

my local palce will bore mine for 50 and put a stroker kit in for 100

The stroker kit I mentioned doesn't require any machining of the case once so ever, only patience, tools, and organization. The only tools you may need are these: piston ring installer, piston ring compressor, steering shaft puller, valve spring compressor, and possibly a slide hammer to remove the rocker arm pivots. A bearing puller may also come in handy, since you might want to replace some bearings on the camshaft and in the motor. Most of the tools are below $20, and the few that are a little higher you can borrow, or simply have a auto shop remove the necessary parts. The most expensive items would be the bearing puller, and also the slide hammer (which can be made also), and neither should be over 80 for an entire kit.

Or for $650.00 you can get a FST 446 that will spank the hotrods kit :-D!
hmm.. and thats the kits that beats the raptors and **** right?? how much would you guess it would cost to have a dealer do it??

[quote:s66h88yk]Or for $650.00 you can get a FST 446 that will spank the hotrods kit :-D!
hmm.. and thats the kits that beats the raptors and **** right?? how much would you guess it would cost to have a dealer do it??[/quote:s66h88yk]

A normal dealer would charge a lot even though its not a huge job. You need to find like a mom & pop shop or a shop that will work with you on the cost.

:-O You have YFZ shocks on your stock a-arms. Naughty Naughty!!

The 437 kit will probably generate enough heat to warp the aluminum heads, too expensive for me to dish out that kind of cash. A 90cc bore and stroke is a bit much for a small motor, just my opinion. Regardless if Mickey runs the shop or not I'm still not gonna take the chance of taking a big **** on my motor. With the 400 kit you can at least make sure no one drops a jelly donut in your motor while it's being rebuilt, and the extra generated heat is reasonable. ;D

The 437 kit will probably generate enough heat to warp the aluminum heads, too expensive for me to dish out that kind of cash. A 90cc bore and stroke is a bit much for a small motor, just my opinion. Regardless if Mickey runs the shop or not I'm still not gonna take the chance of taking a big **** on my motor. With the 400 kit you can at least make sure no one drops a jelly donut in your motor while it's being rebuilt, and the extra generated heat is reasonable. ;D

The heat in "our" motor really only becomes an issue when you remove to much metal from the sleeve to achieve the large displacement thus leaving less of a "heatsinking" effect & do not run an oil cooler. Since the displacement difference between the 400cc and 437cc kit is primarily due to a larger STROKE/lowered deck height and NOT BORE the heat differences are not to substantial and are actually very comparable to each other. The Warrior motor is very cumbersome and comes chock full of extra metal to begin with - this is how the Warrior in particular gets away with such a huge kit. The FST stroker kit actually uses a LIGHTER THEN STOCK custom made JE piston (can’t say so for your hotrods kit, Powroll, Alba, etc...) that contributes an extreme amount to reliability and a rev happy motor.

Heat between the 400 and 437 kits is definitely NOT a huge margin apart with the Warrior when using STROKE/deck height to increase displacement paired with an oil cooler. The primary threats the stroker Warriors is recognized as over-rev (piston speeds above 4,200 - 4,300 FPM) and the bottom end rod bearing. You can call up any company (Powroll, FST, & even Hotrods) and confirm the above facts.

I work in a Race Performance Factory Pro tuning shop and have done MANY MANY powroll, FST, & Hotrods kits in several machines. I am happy to say that all when built right provide awesome reliability and good gains. But when it comes down to it if I was going to spend the money to have the case cracked and a stroker kit put in, id make it worth my while and have the best more powerful one put in.

*Also remember the warping of your head is just as much as a threat to our motors even in stock form, in 400 kits, and 437s +. To fix a warped head it’s as simple as just getting it planed; condition providing.

Honestly Box if your primary fear of the strokers is heat you’re not worried about the more important serious threats that will destroy your motor even with the hotrods kit. An actually now that I think of it since we have our "cool guy" Dyna CDIs with a set rev limit; that will actually protect us from excessive piston speeds (sucks for the rest of them). :D

An actually now that I think of it since we have our "cool guy" Dyna CDIs with a set rev limit; that will actually protect us from excessive piston speeds (sucks for the rest of them). :D

BASTARDS!

Beware of the ultra light pistons, they will require more frequent maintenance on the piston rings. That's the last thing I want to do when my motor is put back together, tear it right back down two seasons later. The greatest of my fears is the idiots that work in shops dropping jelly donuts in my motor and not doing **** about it, thats why I would rather the hotrods kit with no machining required and a easy installation I can do myself. ;D The better hardware is definately a plus as well. We're not bastards, just very intelligent for throwing the pile of **** stock cdi over our shoulder. As for rev limits is the factory set limit good for stroker kits??? That's another thing I don't want to buy, the expensive ass ******* dyna software. :mad:

Beware of the ultra light pistons, they will require more frequent maintenance on the piston rings. That's the last thing I want to do when my motor is put back together, tear it right back down two seasons later. The greatest of my fears is the idiots that work in shops dropping jelly donuts in my motor and not doing **** about it, thats why I would rather the hotrods kit with no machining required and a easy installation I can do myself. ;D The better hardware is definately a plus as well. We're not bastards, just very intelligent for throwing the pile of **** stock cdi over our shoulder. As for rev limits is the factory set limit good for stroker kits??? That's another thing I don't want to buy, the expensive ass ******* dyna software. :mad:

I am pretty sure the rev limit from the factory is around 8,000 RPMs; that is just fine but a little to low. I would go half with you on that software and we could priority mail (3-day) it for 4$ and change back and forth to each other.

Back