I need help building a 1992 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bird416

Reaction score
I am new to building quads and I am looking to rebuild my 92 warrior. I will list the good and the bad as follows. The bad: The muffler pipe has rusted off of the cobra slip on, the motor leaks oil around the main seal, it overheats extremely quickly even when idling, the clutch basket needs to be filed down, the shocks need to be redone, the breaks need to be bled and gone through, and it has a cheap zoom zoom carb that doesn't work well. The good: i have breaks and spindles for a banshee and for a zilla to throw on it if needed, I have a pair of 450 shocks, a new starter, plenty of tools, and a motorcycle machine shop nearby. I plan on having it bored to 85mm for a bigger JE piston and putting a web c.427/.427 cam in it.
I don't know what to do for valves so that is a good place to start. All parts that I plan on installing are listed in this spread sheet Link Sharing.

I am new to building quads and I am looking to rebuild my 92 warrior. I will list the good and the bad as follows. The bad: The muffler pipe has rusted off of the cobra slip on, the motor leaks oil around the main seal, it overheats extremely quickly even when idling, the clutch basket needs to be filed down, the shocks need to be redone, the breaks need to be bled and gone through, and it has a cheap zoom zoom carb that doesn't work well. The good: i have breaks and spindles for a banshee and for a zilla to throw on it if needed, I have a pair of 450 shocks, a new starter, plenty of tools, and a motorcycle machine shop nearby. I plan on having it bored to 85mm for a bigger JE piston and putting a web c.427/.427 cam in it.
I don't know what to do for valves so that is a good place to start. All parts that I plan on installing are listed in this spread sheet Link Sharing.
I'll just copy and paste what I plan on getting.
Lonestar Racing LSR Sport A-Arms Extended+2 Inch Honda TRX400EX TRX 400EX 400X
Autozone Oil cooler
Flywheel remover
JE Piston – 12.0:1 2 mm overbore
FCR CARBURETOR AND INTAKE
Web cam .427/.427
FMF Powercore
Tusk Clutch Kit
Magura USA hudraulic clutch
Race Driven Throttle cable
Pro Taper grips
Wiseco Top End Gasket kit
Wiseco Bottom end Gasket kit

Great choice in cam but you're going to need the HD springs with it and you're going to need the head ported to take advantage of it over a .390 lift cam. I don't believe LSR 400 arms will fit the warrior. You need something with rod ends and not bushings like the asr arms.

There is noone near me who does a decent job on atv motors nowadays so I will draw up and do a mild port myself. I have seen the lsr arms done before and it comes out to a plus 4 on a warrior so I will try that and update whether or not it works. Thank you for the HD springs reccomendation. I hadn't even thought about that.

Latest posts

Back