i cut my yoshimura (now theirs pics guys)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotcams77c

Reaction score
yep guys i cut my yoshi exhaust. will post pics soon as well as a review. it now has a 9 in. long canister. looks sweet but i just finished it and i cant start it this late at night. :'(.

before:

f43e53f3.jpg

after:

f43e51a0.jpg

That heat wrap is on their to keep packing from coming out lol. Its not their now but I drilled and tapped new holes for some bigger bolts and the holes i drilled in the canister didnt line up so i put self sinking screws in, but then i was left with the holes. Though of rivets now theres no tape and the holes have rivets in em. Looks damn sweet now.

well all i gotta say to the guys with yoshis...cut it. I cut my canister to 9 in. and it not only sounds good but the accel. is insane :eek: :cool:.

Will get pics soon of whole quad and just exhaust ;).

Where did it put your powerband? I like the current setup with the canister as is, every aspect is running great. I was just curious where it put the power when you cut it. Was also curious what it's effect was on the response.

its more bottem end.....iv almost done it to mine like 10 times but still havnt done it yet.....but it will deff be a diffrence in loudness....dave did it to his i think.....they look pretty cool tho!

pics? oh yea pics i forgot, too busy out rippin it up :cool:. as for the power, way more accel, but top end on mine stayed the same. And yes it will be a lot louder. sounds just like a yfz with a tc shorty. will get pics NOW.

I cut my pipe and it feels like the power is down alot lower perfect for MX ****** loud though so I made a custom cap to angle the exhaust at the ground a bit so it muffled sorta...actually now it echoes worse throughout the track oh well.

Probably not a good idea for me, I'm shittin' out every last piece of top end I can get, the original warrior ran too much like a tractor! ;D Got to try out the new settings finally at atlanta trail and the fucker rips, don't think I'll go back to a low end setting. Seems like the full length yoshi didn't stand out until I got the high end curve on the ignition running, really made a difference! ;D

haha yea man, although i dont think it robbed my top end at all. Ill go out and fire it up and see what i can do full throttle. Last night at practice was so insane. There is where i found the most torque. I usually run this supercross track in 3rd and 4th. Last night i could tell i wasnt shifting so much, all i had to do is hold the throttle pinned all the way and it woul just take me off some nice steep jumps. Also, wants to wheelie pretty hard in 3rd now..... Btw guys soon to come are some action pics of me racing!!!!!

hey hotcams77c or dave....could you put up a tutorial on how exacly you did it? ....what you used....befor and after pics....you know the works....to add to our list of custom proformance options for the warrior ....thanks

That exhaust is now exactly the same length as my DG or its really close. Looks good and its probebly sounds good

Back