How to paint the body kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought my first warrior, its a 350 yr 2000. The plastics are in a pretty good shape but they kinda look worn out. I was thinking of either buying a new body kit or maybe painting the one it has. Any suggestions? All i've found are maier body kits. Also, I've seen may pictures and a lot of the warriors have the fenders cut, would that be recommended?

If the plastic is not all scratched up or broken you can make it look like new with just a little work and a few tricks.

Glad you said that. I'm thinking about plasti dipping my plastics soon. Figured I would try that before buying new ones

Look at yamahauler's build thread, his rear fenders are plasti dipped and apparently it is holding up great.

why not just compound and polish em .. ... . . .. . ... . . way more effective then this plastic renew

why not just compound and polish em .. ... . . .. . ... . . way more effective then this plastic renew

^^^^ that is how I restored the plastics on my Bear Tracker first a little heat gun action then buffed and polished them with this

Meguiars-PlastX-Clear-Plastic-Cleaner-and-Polish-10-oz_399_1_m_2851.jpg

I have used Novus plastic restorer and the stuff is not what its cut out to be, It works awesome on clear parts such as Hiper mudplugs or Polycarbonate parts, but for fenders and other plastics parts its a waste of time. SC1 is some of the best stuff ive used to actually bring a solid shine to my plastics. Also Plastidip is getting real popular among quad riders and ive seen some paint jobs turn out amazing.

I tried a wool pad on a DA polisher as someone suggested here and it didn't do ****. Then I tried a heavy cut foam pad and heavy cut compound, and it was working but slowly. Ironically my buddy suggested a Magic Eraser, and it worked as well as the messy polish but with much less effort. So all the gloss is gone from my plastics, but so are a lot of the scrapes. It's now matte but looks a lot better.

My $0.02.

Back