HOW TO: DynoJet Needle Install

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcdiver50

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to post some pics about how to install the needle for the dynojet kit for those of us who are new to carbs and jets and needles. I didn't even know where the needle was at. Thanks to jaredfly for helping me out. This is my first how-to, so here goes. This installation was completed on a 2003 wolverine 350.

1. Not sure if you have to but I drained the bowl just in case.

2. loosen the clamp on the rear of the carb should be a black ring with a screw head.

3. remove the airbox completely, it makes the carb much easier to work with. Make sure to plug the rear opening with a paper towel, so that nothing gets into the carb itself.

4. next loosen the clamp on the front of the carb, should be a black clamp with a hex head.

5. rotate the carb slowly toward the drivers side, watch the cables and such make sure not to bind them. you can do this install with the throttle cable installed.

6. Unscrew the 4 screws on top of the carb.

7. remove the top of the carb.

DSC02343.jpg

8. Lift up on the diaphram assembly. The carb slide should come out easily and you should see the needle sticking out of the bottom.

DSC02345.jpg

9. Turn the assembly upside down and the needle should fall out.

10. Drill the off-center hole with the drill bit that came with the kit. Make sure you get all of the metal shaving off the slide. Be careful not to get carb cleaner on the rubber diaphram.

DSC02354.jpg

11. Install the parts according to the diagram that came with the kit. Should look something like this. Stock spacer, Dynojet washer, eclip and stock spacer again.

DSC02353.jpg

12. Reinstall the needle back into the slide. install spring into the slide and place the slide back into the carb. Install the diaphram back into the groove and reinstall the top cap. Replace the top cover and dont forget the metal cover on top of that.

14. Reinstall the carb in to the front clamp and tighten. reinstall the rear intake hose and then the airfilter.

15. Please follow the sticky post of how to install the main jet to complete the dynojet install.

16. Hope this helps you atleast know where the parts are located.

I have more pics (limit is four) if you need to see anything else let me know.

Awesome article, thank you so much for sharing! I'm sure this will help out a lot of members! :)

Back