How do you get your warrior to become elite?

Discussion in 'Site News, Help & Feedback' started by 2000, Jul 18, 2014.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

1. Jul 18, 2014 #1

How does the elite section work? Do people vote or something?

2. Jul 18, 2014 #2

THORrider05

THORrider05

THORrider05

You have to put alot of money into it and not ride it compared to those that are mildly built and get used every weekend.

3. Jul 18, 2014 #3

duneracerweston

duneracerweston

duneracerweston

^^ that's funny...

Time and money. You just build it and when you feel it honestly stacks up with the rest of the elite bikes you send the mods a couple pics and a full mod sheet and they will vote am amongst themselves, if they deem it worthy it will go to a forum wide vote. From there it's a majority vote wins and it's up to your fellow members to decide if your pride and joy is to the level of elite.

Now as for them not getting rode... I know gen1pat slamms his every chance he gets. I work graveyard shift so I don't get the chance to as often as most, im also working on a new cooler setup so walle isnt read for riding yet. Kyle is or was in school, but he rides his regularly. Now dean... That cow sets more then anything... Anthony romps on jar jar ALOT. #5 was rode every chance Ed got till he traded it the other day?? Idk what the deal is with that. Levi rode the mud bug a ton when he had it. Sparky works 28/28 rotation in off shore oil rigs so he can't ride half the time but his daughters keep the cob webs off for him. And James has both a raptor 700 and the warrior and rides both. So the assumption we don't ride our bikes is full on false. I didn't build walle with the hope of being elite, I just built it how I wanted it with the money I saved towards it. And like every project it's still getting tweaked and fine tuned. Just build it till your happy and don't worry about elite.
    Hello my names Weston and I'm 18 :tup: and that is my long post of the day.

4. Jul 18, 2014 #4

THORrider05

THORrider05

THORrider05

Alot of you do ride alot but there are also alot of others that dont ride ive seen. I think the top guys on the sight like the ones youve mentioned all deserve to be elite and they do ride. But for the others ive seen it just seems like if you can put LT arms and bore the motor then you are elite, and to me thats not right.

5. Jul 18, 2014 #5

alex456123

alex456123

alex456123

Well if you are referring to bkroll and gs4 they ride their bikes HARD. And break them doing so. Lol

6. Jul 18, 2014 #6

duneracerweston

duneracerweston

duneracerweston

I agree. There are a lot that don't ride. But there's also a lot that have factory, or mild bikes that don't ride much either. I just don't get the chance anymore. I have to finish my cooler change before I get to ride again. I still haven't gotten the chance to ride with the new axis shocks I put on walle. Between work and DRW all of my time has been filled and what little I have leftover goes to my fiancé. So I just don't have the time any more.

7. Jul 21, 2014 #7

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  8. Jul 21, 2014 #8

beastlywarrior228

beastlywarrior228

beastlywarrior228

9. Jul 21, 2014 #9

That's what I figured. Thanks for the input.

10. Jul 21, 2014 #10

geeessfore

geeessfore

geeessfore

Lol : popcorn:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  11. Jul 21, 2014 #11

geeessfore

geeessfore

geeessfore

Id like to add, it takes more than just your bike being elite. Help out on the boards, discover new mods and make some helpful how-tos. Make sure you build it for your riding type.

12. Jul 21, 2014 #12

Ok thanks for the input. I will be uploading a in depth video on carb jetting soon in the tutorials and plan to make more tutorials. The bike isn't quite where I would like it to be yet.

13. Jul 21, 2014 #13

bkroll84

bkroll84

bkroll84

Thorrider is a jealous bitch

14. Jul 22, 2014 #14

'00 WO-YA!

'00 WO-YA!

'00 WO-YA!

Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
    Blood, sweat, beer and allot of money. And I do think that allot of the guys that have built elite bikes have built them for a specific ride style. My bike for example wasn't really built for me to bang through rocks. I like a fast pace hardpack or even a good home built field track but you won't see me beating the piss out of my bike for no good reason. You also won't see me in deep nasty mud holes. A) I don't like it,B) It's just prematurely wearing on parts. Just me.

15. Jul 22, 2014 #15

duneracerweston

duneracerweston

duneracerweston

And for mine, it was a purpose built Moto machine. It's a full 49.5" wide, sets 11" off the ground running 18" tires and long travel front and rear. There's quite a few prototype and pre-production parts on walle. Just don't get in a hurry with it. Let your ideas stew before deciding how you want to build it. And remember the big picture when you build it. Pick parts that work to compliment others so you can achieve the desired goal. No one thing makes you bike a elite. It's a well built well rounded setup that achieves its designed purpose that makes it elite.

I believe walle is the most dedicated warrior on this forum for motocross. Beast/geez/bk all have very well built all around bikes that can and do do it all from track to trail to mud. James has a hard pack fast trail and hills style bike. Anthony has jar jar... Not exactly what I would define that thing as but it does what he built it to do. Dean and Scott have their hill climb and mud beasts, and josh has his clean and simple sleeper. They all have their own attitudes and styles. All of which reflect their owners personalities. Build your the way you want and as long as you don't run out if cash time and beer I'm sure it will come out exactly like you want it and in the elite section as all well loved and cared for projects should be.

Now if beastmode would ever finish his raptor it would be elite hands down.

The bikes in the elite section have grown in popularity and in modifications far beyond what the elite used to be back in 11' when I joined the forum and the list of elite machines. And I don't see that changing in any way but with more intensity as high end parts like axis, elka, lone star, prm, and if I dare, DRW parts start making their selfs onto those machines.

Long live the warrior and the proud fellows who choose to stick to the old war dogs!

16. Jul 22, 2014 #16

THORrider05

THORrider05

THORrider05

:haha:Your funny im not jealous of anyone on here in anyway or form.

Did you feel better inside calling me a bitch?

17. Jul 22, 2014 #17

alex456123

alex456123

alex456123

Or my soon to be elite (IMO) tank. Lol

18. Jul 22, 2014 #18

alex456123

alex456123

alex456123

Shuddup ya cunt

19. Jul 22, 2014 #19

Great post. I want to build mine for dunes, some mud, and hard pack trails. I think I will do a banshee rear shock soon and a cut air box for now but move up to a cfm airbox in the future. I will probably build some better skid plates too or buy some soon. Maybe some extanded a arms too. I like the maier plastics geesfor had on one of his warriors.

When the motor needs a rebuild I think I will go with a 366 je kit. Maybe a stage one web or mega cycle cam with a .390 lift and heavy Duty valve springs. Maybe some port and polish work but that will be a while yet as the motor is mint.

20. Jul 22, 2014 #20

alex456123

alex456123

alex456123

No reason to go 366
    Not a big enough power gain vs. how much more heat it creates.