Hotrods stroker crankshaft

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee32379

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum.....I have a question which there might be a thread like this but I wanted some input about a which would be better a stock crank or the hotrods +4 stroker crank and what is the recommendation on piston and if I need any machining done to the jug
Trail riding would be my application for the for wheeler and some occasional dirt bike track obstacles
Thanks everyone

My setup that I recommended is an oem crankshaft and a wiseco 11-1 piston in the smallest overbore you can do. You will need a hone and possibly a bore depending on what kind of shape your cylinder is in.

My setup that I recommended is an oem crankshaft and a wiseco 11-1 piston in the smallest overbore you can do. You will need a hone and possibly a bore depending on what kind of shape your cylinder is in.

that was my thought but didn’t know if there were any benefits to the stroker crankshaft

There is but there isn't. I've never been much of a fan of stroker motors. The hot rods crank doesn't have the quality of oem either. Stroker cranks can give you more low rpm torque but the motor will struggle to breathe on the top end more.

There is but there isn't. I've never been much of a fan of stroker motors. The hot rods crank doesn't have the quality of oem either. Stroker cranks can give you more low rpm torque but the motor will struggle to breathe on the top end more.
thank you your advice is greatly appreciated

On the OEM crank what’s the best way to change the crank bearing which is located right behind the timing chain sprocket?

a properly built head is really helpful to s stroker the main problem is the quality out of the box. im running a 4mil crank but the only thing hotrods is the crank halves. its running oem main bearings, rod pin, rod bearing, thrust washers but im running a custom carrillo rod. the crank fully kitted out is just shy of a grand but its bullet proof.

I put in a Hot Rods +4 and just used a stock piston, but I used extra gaskets as a shim under the cylinder to get it to under 0 deck height.

Seems like a baddd idea personally
It's something a lot of people have done and it seems to work. If it doesn't work, then I"ll just get my stock one repaired and take the shims out. I have it in a shop right now getting tuned, stuff too detailed for me, so we'll see when I get it back.

Back