Hotcams stage I

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentolio

Reaction score
I've seen some doubt as to wether a Hotcams bit is worth using. I put one in my bike with a Wiseco 10.25:1 piston, White Bros. E series pipe, port work, and a Warrior carb. So far, I think it works great. The piston is good for the bottom end, but the top end increase is noticeable! And even tho I spend a goodly amount of time porting the "sloppy" stock head, exhaust, and intake; porting/carburation alone cannot be held responsible for said increase (WARNING: your top end will become noisy-er). Maybe a Web-cams bit is higher-toned, but don't forget: it's a REGRIND that you have to spend a lot of cash for the matching rockers, springs, etc. Also, I noticed a BIG difference! According to my GPS, this set-up got me over 42 MPH, with a little more to go (I was breaking in). Hotcams...better than stock...cheaper than Web-cam.

cam

did you change your valve springs with that hot cam? i have heard after a while the stock springs may snap.

New valve springs

I did not put any "high performance" springs in with the cam. They are not necessary, according to the company (which is part of the reason I didn't go with Web-cams). I did install new Yamaha springs, and so far everything is good. Admittedly, I have only put about 10-15 hours on the bike since modifying it.

Back