Holeshots/Razors

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with treadwear between the Holeshot HD's and the Maxxis Razr's?

Sine the tire design is similar between the two, and it seems everyone that has both are happy with them the differentiating factor for me is going to be treadwear.

So, what do you guys know? Does one seem to wear better than the other?

I've got a set of the Razrs and I've worn the back tires out in 7 months :( not cool. I'm going to a Kenda Klaw rear tire now. I do like the way the Razr's hook up, and the fronts handle really well but IMO they wear too fast. Hopefully the Kenda's will hold up longer.

herms holeshots are wearing alot on the outside edges

Herm's a maniac! The Warrior will never see that kind of riding.

He also runs his tires very low on pressure, which may be part of the reason for the wear pattern.

razr2's are very good tires. extremely durable ,great traction,no flats in 2 1/2 years. the fronts carve like a fillet knife,easy steering also . the r burned the backs up in 2 years...pretty good considering the beating they take !!

with the hds you can find a hook up wear no other tire can thats why ther so good

For wear it all depends where your ride and how you ride. As well with tire size because I think if you have smaller tires they might wear a little faster than bigger ones.

h ******* d s all the way man. best hookup out of any bike ive been bottom line- just better

I have heard good things about the hd's. But i have been running my 6 ply xc klaws for more than 3 years now and they still have over 3/4 tread.

Let us not all forget the tire life will be different for all of us based on the terrain and conditions we ride our bikes under. I rip wheel, drift, and ride on the road A LOT for miles - road riding will substantially shorten the life of any off-road knobby tire vs. someone just trailing.

Let us not all forget the tire life will be different for all of us based on the terrain and conditions we ride our bikes under. I rip wheel, drift, and ride on the road A LOT for miles - road riding will substantially shorten the life of any off-road knobby tire vs. someone just trailing.

Right.

Since the tire designs are basically the same, hookups should be comparable. That is why I was asking about treadwear.

Most of my riding will be on trails, with little road riding- just from trail to trail, certainly no (intentional) drifting on the road.

Although with my current tires sometimes a drift on the road will sneak up on you. :eek:

I guess what the question boils down to is:
Are the Holeshot HD's worth the extra $20 or so per tire?

[quote:9ap85vge]Let us not all forget the tire life will be different for all of us based on the terrain and conditions we ride our bikes under. I rip wheel, drift, and ride on the road A LOT for miles - road riding will substantially shorten the life of any off-road knobby tire vs. someone just trailing.

Right.

Since the tire designs are basically the same, hookups should be comparable. That is why I was asking about treadwear.

Most of my riding will be on trails, with little road riding- just from trail to trail, certainly no (intentional) drifting on the road.

Although with my current tires sometimes a drift on the road will sneak up on you. :eek:

I guess what the question boils down to is:
Are the Holeshot HD's worth the extra $20 or so per tire?
[/quote:9ap85vge]

I have used many tires including razrs, the HD is my new fav. tire until something better comes along.

HDs are the way I'm gonna go. Maybe they'll help me out on the local trails where you have to really try to stay out of some motorcycle ruts up a steep hill trail. I've flipped twice when I slid into that darn rut! I've been stuck countless times on it.

Back