HMF pipe question!?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmj3783

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just got my first wolverine and love it so far! The guy I got it from gave me an hmf pipe that's barely used. He said he used it but didn't want to mess with jetting so he took it off after a few rides in his yard. I'm familiar with jetting but hopefully someone has the same set up I'm wanting to go with. It'd be the hmf pipe and a uni filter. Anyone have this combo and know what jet/needle set up your running? Thanks and lot of great info on here!

Hmm depends on whether or not your gonna use mikuni jets, and whether or not it's a 350 or 450 in question.

Well, my 350 with a pipe and dyno jet kit used the dyno jet needle with a 160 dynojet jet with the factory carb. I also had the air box mod. Without the air box mod and using dyno jet jets a 155 would be fine. 6 months later, I installed a ported head, 36mm carb off a warrior, and CFM air box. Using the Mikuni parts I only needed a 152.5 main jet, but I had to step up the idle jetting from 42.5 to 52.5 to get my throttle response at light and cruise throttle settings right. I am at 1k ft elevation.

Oh, and whatever you do don't mix mikuni and dyno jet parts. For some reason dynojet jets and needles even though they have the same #jet have different sizes. This is probably because dynojet uses much larger needles in their kits than what comes with mikuni's.

Latest posts

Back