HMF Pipe Owners Please Read!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Don't bullshit me just because you have one I want honest answers here only. My curiosity is causing me to reach into my wallet once more; I want to possibly buy a black HMF pipe (just cause I think it will look great on my black quad). For those of you with an HMF on your warrior especially this applies to you the most.

I would like to have an honest answer about HP gains and how its laid out (low end, midrange, top end, all around, etc...); what are the gains I can expect and where?

Also how loud is this pipe (I like loud ass pipes) and is it a nice deep throaty sound or an annoying high pitched fart can?

This applies to warrior owners the most (and raptor owners if the mounts are the same):

How many mounts does the pipe have on it (1, 2, 3)?

Are the mounts strong and enforced well or are they cheap welded on brackets.

Thanks for the time guys your input is appreciated!

It seems like the power gain was pretty much even through the powerband with a little more on the low end. I honestly didn't feel a big gain over the stock exhaust, but I got my hmf a couple weeks after I bought the bike so I didn't have much of a chance to test the stock power. My hmf is pretty damn loud, not like piped raptor loud, but it's louder than anything else I ever heard on a warrior. I think it has a pretty deep sound, but then I never heard a 4 stroke bigger than 250cc that didn't have a deep sound. It uses 2 mounts, one all the way on the front and one all the way in the back. The bracket closest to the rear is beefy as hell and has a couple 3 inch welds holding it to the can. The mount closer to the front isn't nearly as strong, but it doesn't need to be with the size of the rear mount.

are you going to hook it up to the fmf header?
i like it- not a huge enormous gain over stock but def. gave me alotta torque on the low end. i have the black- it looks really trick and clean. pipe def flows nice with the warrior.

nice sound and decently loud by the way. it sounds just as good as a piped z so hey what the **** try it out

I would like to have an honest answer about HP gains and how its laid out (low end, midrange, top end, all around, etc...); what are the gains I can expect and where?
A: I did not see any big power gains but it is a little snappyer i can feel mine pull harder up until i get to the end of 4th gear then it evens back out.

Also how loud is this pipe (I like loud ass pipes) and is it a nice deep throaty sound or an annoying high pitched fart can?
A: The pipe is one of the louder pipes i have heard. Its not really a high pitched 2 stroke sound either its more a cackel and deep when you get on it.

This applies to warrior owners the most (and raptor owners if the mounts are the same):

How many mounts does the pipe have on it (1, 2, 3)?
A: 2 mounts

Are the mounts strong and enforced well or are they cheap welded on brackets.
A: The mounts look strong there welded on brackets but there about yay thick I----I so its not cheep and my self being a welder id that to say they were welded great and made to last.

You could just powder coat the can on the pc-t4. Thats what i would do just to save money, and i like the pc-t4's better.

How many black pc-t4's do you see?? Something unique and thats always good.

death i have a hmf and i love it... it gives more top speed and more torque. hp gains i dont know cuz i dont have a dyno or n/e thing like that but i would like to say about 3-5 hp maybe? not sure but if you get one you wont be disappointed

death i have a hmf and i love it... it gives more top speed and more torque. hp gains i dont know cuz i dont have a dyno or n/e thing like that but i would like to say about 3-5 hp maybe? not sure but if you get one you wont be disappointed

But is it actually going to be an increase over his pc-t4? I would think if anything the PC would produce more horsepower but nothing overly noticeble. I think the HMF is more a bottom end-torque pipe. I dont know if you can take the cans off a the pc or not but a black pipe would be sweet.

[quote:j6ke4zzr]death i have a hmf and i love it... it gives more top speed and more torque. hp gains i dont know cuz i dont have a dyno or n/e thing like that but i would like to say about 3-5 hp maybe? not sure but if you get one you wont be disappointed

But is it actually going to be an increase over his pc-t4? I would think if anything the PC would produce more horsepower but nothing overly noticeble. I think the HMF is more a bottom end-torque pipe. I dont know if you can take the cans off a the pc or not but a black pipe would be sweet.[/quote:j6ke4zzr]

Yeah I planned on buying the HMF, money isn’t really an issue. If I don't notice any losses when using the HMF id keep it and sell the T4 and if I notice a loss id sell the HMF or just keep both no big deal to me really.

If money isn't an issue...Well christmas is coming up and I will gladly use the T4 :D

SOUNDS LIKE SASQUATCH IS COMING THROUGH WOODS,I THINK IT IS BADASS SOUNDING. FRONT MOUNT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER ON HMF, I NOTICE MOST DIFFERENCE IN MIDRANGE AND BOTTOM END ... I AM RIDING TRAILS IN 4TH MORE AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH SNAP TO SLIDE AROUND CORNERS. ALSO I HAVE CAUGHT MYSELF TRYING TO CLIMB HILLS IN 3RD AND 4TH oops.. BUT THE THROTTLE RESPONSE IS THE MOST NOTICEABLE . THERE IS NO HESITATION AND THE GEARS WIND OUT QUICK.ALL IN ALL I THINK THE HMF SLIP ON FITS BETTER THAN THE FACTORY PIPE,TOOK ME LONGER TO REMOVE STOCK PIPE THAN TO PUT ON THE HMF.

SOUNDS LIKE SASQUATCH IS COMING THROUGH WOODS,I THINK IT IS BADASS SOUNDING. FRONT MOUNT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER ON HMF, I NOTICE MOST DIFFERENCE IN MIDRANGE AND BOTTOM END ... I AM RIDING TRAILS IN 4TH MORE AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH SNAP TO SLIDE AROUND CORNERS. ALSO I HAVE CAUGHT MYSELF TRYING TO CLIMB HILLS IN 3RD AND 4TH oops.. BUT THE THROTTLE RESPONSE IS THE MOST NOTICEABLE . THERE IS NO HESITATION AND THE GEARS WIND OUT QUICK.ALL IN ALL I THINK THE HMF SLIP ON FITS BETTER THAN THE FACTORY PIPE,TOOK ME LONGER TO REMOVE STOCK PIPE THAN TO PUT ON THE HMF.

keyboard4.jpg

;) haha.

Thanks for your input!

death ik i dont have an HMF but if you wanna try out my E-Series on yours one day you can...lol

sorry for YELLING i have to use caps all day at work . so some times i yell ...lol ;)

Back