Here is what all you first gen riders have been looking for.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i know all you first gen guys have a MAJOR dilemma when it comes to the front end. the lower a arms to be exact, the fact that it has that funky lower a arms bracket on the frame. WELL HERE IS YOUR ANSWER!! Been working with Gen1pat on this behind the scens as a favor i owe the guy, but here is what we found.

to get aftermarket a arms on a 87 warrior.

your gonna need to special order the parts and will need different stroke/legnth shocks.

parts list for +2 a arms

2x 400ex +2 aftermarket lower a arms (fullflight or any tipe that has heim joints on the frame)

2x warrior 350 (89-12) +2 aftermarket lower a arms

2x +2 tierods.

4x Yamaha ball joints for the aftermarket a arms.

its that simple!! ran all the number vs a late model warrior and the first gens and it will mount up, correctly too!
Shock length yet to be determined , but should be in the 15-16" range.

thought yall might wanna know that.

:NOTE: this will require spacers on the lower a arms and some possible shaving of the spacers that come with the a arms.

Make sense?

Yes that is what you want^^^. Weston did all the numbers crunching and had all but the 1st gen to compare off of, but it makes sense. And like Weston said during our conversations, any slight deviances can be corrected through the 12 point adjustability. If I didn't have several things coming up, I'd have already ordered the stuff and would be installing in next week.

Oh, and as for the shock question... We are THINKING that trx450r shocks will fit the bill. But, without the arms on a bike and the desired ride height set, it is only a theory at this point. Atleast hard part is, finding shocks to fit will be the easiest part if the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back