Help me decide.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
OK guys, I need your opinions.

This winter I am tearing the quad down to have the frame/ A-arms finished.

I would really like to have them powdercoated, but to get the color I want, it will be pretty expensive.

My next choice would be to have it painted at a bodyshop. A baked on finish would be tougher than the rattlecan approach, which is obviously the cheapest option.

Thing is, if I am going to go through the effort of tearing it down, I might as well do it well.

So what are your opinions, and why?

i'd use powdercoating. The baked on factory paint on my frame is already worn off several places, and the frame was brand new a year ago.

I would powdercoat it. I'm doing that to my frame this winter also. It might be more but it will most likely last longer than paint.

HEY GUYS, DONT FORGET IM PAYIN FOR IT TOO........your gonna put me into debt at the age of 14

MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well, first it shouldn't be more than $100 to get the frame powdercoated unless you have to get a special color made up. I just remembered though that I heard someone else say that plasitic melted out of the ball joints when they got their a-arms powdercoated

u guys suck BYE BYE MONEY

lol j/k

i was wondering if it would still be the same if i bought skids for the paint or for the powder
will it still look the same

I'm not sure if I understand you, but a full chassis skid plate would protect the paint on the bottom of the frame from being worn off. That would solve most of the wear problems. The part of the quad most likely to get the paint worn off or tore up is the a-arms though, and unfortunately I heard that if you powdercoat them it will melt the ball joints.

...unfortunately I heard that if you powdercoat them it will melt the ball joints.

Yeah. I forgot they were not removable. May have to reconsider on the a-arms

Definitely powder coat whatever you can. I work with a lot of powder coated parts at work and they are much more durable than an automotive paint.

I would just paint the hubs, they're protected by the wheels enough that nothing will chip the paint

Back