Hatfield McCoy, April 2013, ITS GOING DOWN.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's in?

• I'm in!

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I'm out..

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Maybe, need dates

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Raining here. Will load the bike in the morning. Got the cap on the truck, and will get lundry done tonight, too. Changed the oil in the warrior, and put the 192 main in it. Need to throw spark plugs in the Hondas and check their air filters.

......man, these guys are having a blasty blast wheelin in dem deer mountains.......

We sure did! Just need the time to fill everyone in on the ride. I have probably 6hrs of viewable footage to upload, too. We road for close to 16 hrs between Sat and Sunday. Was a hoot with Weston and his dad. They are some awesome people. Only complaint was the water and mud. It rained there Thursday before we got there, and there were mud and water holes everywhere. BTW, Warriors will float! Weston and I need to write up a sticky for Hatfield prep.

LOL I tried to tell ya about the april mud on hatfield lol!! Makes it that much more fun and more of a challenge! I bet that white DRW frame was pretty red clay mud color after a couple days of that!

washed off perfect!

TRIP WAS A SUCCESS!!

btw, rode all day with no airbox and a open filter. not one single problem! pat had more problems with his box then me without a box!!

gopro footage up soon pat and i was straight flying!

washed off perfect!

TRIP WAS A SUCCESS!!

btw, rode all day with no airbox and a open filter. not one single problem! pat had more problems with his box then me without a box!!

gopro footage up soon pat and i was straight flying!

I only had probs because I sunk my bike! Lol. Good! I'm glad you do, because most of my footage has mud on the lens! All that cat and mouse we played Saturday before we ate jerky is a loss due to mud... But, I think I have me standing it up in 5th with you next to me. Looking for it now. Should maybe have it on tomorrow.

wait, wernt you guys suppose to go this weekend? Anyways, glad u guys had fun. That trail system any good?

Oh we went. And, we rode the wheels of the bikes. Most all of my really fast, knarly footage was from Saturday, and it had too much mud in the lens to see anything. Sunday we cruised a lot. Bodies were sore, and Walle was taken out that day with only an hour on a fresh engine. Was nice to cruise for a change. Weston and I still had our fun, though. So, don't think we putted around like many guys on here that think they rode like a pro racer! lol. But, I did float my warrior in a watery mud hole... We BOTH have footage of that!

Looks like about what I do every weekend lol Sweet footage bro! My kinda riding right there!! Well duner do ya like the sand or the trails? See I couldnt resist those holes I woulda been right beside pat in that hole so I would need my airbox too!

Last edited:
What did you guys think of that trail system? Many hills? Whats each others opinion of their quads/builds?

MAN, I'm so pissed I couldn't make it. If you guys wanna go next year, I GUARANTEE I'll be there,

Well, I'm glad Weston got some good, clear, footage of us gettin down with the get down. Most all of mine are mud covered on the camera. Lol. I have some very good footage of me stuck in that mud hole, and Weston STUCK in a mud hole. I don't like mud, but, there was no other way around it. I went in slow, and all was good... until that spot! I brought my computer to work, and will try out the DSL's uploader sometime today.

The trails are great, as always. Not too many "purpose made" hill climbs. There we lots of great hills to climb on the trails though. Nothing that was hairy, like a real hill climb. But, when you are using these trails as your own personal woods racing course, it's a hoot! We road Pinacle Creek on Saturday, and boy did that system have lots of water on it. There were lots of rocky trail entrances that were skid plate whackers. The Texans weren't used to the rock and cliffs, but, needless to say, they got used to it quick! haha. Didn't ride much of Indain Ridge(we only stuck to the green trail to get to Pocahontus on Sunday) but the green trails were were lots of fun on it, and Pocahontus was pretty good for a new system. That is were my bike sunk! lol. That sucked balls! Dad and I road some of the blue trails on Indain Ridge Friday evening when Weston and his dad were a few hours away. Figured they wouldn't mind us hitting the trails a little. Those trails has some really cool, steep hills on the blue trails, but, lots of black mud so I didn't get to ride them like I prefer to. There was one black trail entrance that Weston and I REALLY wanted to do on Pocahontus, but, we were short on time, and never rode past it again... Bummer... The 3 systems off trails for all types of riding. We felt that the trails we rode (and we didn't even scratch the surface) on Pinacle Creek were the more demenading trails. Some of the greens were harder then the blues. The green trails of Indian Ridge were great because you could ride hard, or do what we did, and leasure ride them. Was a nice relaxing break to look at the landscape. Pocahontus is a mix of both. There again, we did get to ride many of the trails. The mud and water holes slowed us down, and we didn't hit the trails as early as we would have liked to have. Still did a good 16 hours.

As for each other's bikes; the Raptor 700 seemed to be a nice bike. Never rode it, but I think Weston can tell you more about it's performance when paired with my stroker.

Wall-e is a damn cool little bike. Only blasted it down the road once, never hit the trails with it. But, I know Weston wanted to be the only pilot of his baby, like I wanted to be with mine. But, she's got some balls. Steering is twichy as hell, but once he gets the caster set where it needs to be, all will be good. Scott's swinger is the ****!!!! B E A UTIFULL!!! I have footage of our drag race as well...

Only bike "issues" we had were: Semi flat right rear tire on my bike. Two Co2 cartidges and she lasted the rest of the day. Weston blew the packing out of the Raptor's muffler about 45mins into the ride Saturday. And, Wall-e popped a chain off the rear sprocket when he went over a tree limb. That was it.

Dean, my dad, sis, and I will be going to Rock House in June for dad's b-day. '00 WO YA! should be going as well. He's already told his boss he is taking off. Will be lots of fun, like always.

the trails were great! the rocks were nothing new to us, just had to adjust to them. the trails were much nicer then i expected, most of them you tould drive a SxS though no trouble at all. the trails werent as hard as expecting, went up and down a black with no difficulty. if we make it back out next year or 2 i will be rideing much more of the black trails the rest of the trails were a blast to run fast.

I DO NOT LIKE MUD.

no problems with it though. the house was very nice, Paul can cook! best trip food yet! couldnt have went any better really!

Pats bike is supper clean in person, very nice bike! i was shocked that he could really ride! was great fun! wish we had a marked off section that we could run wot the whole time to see just how fast both of us could ride but it was much faster then i expected pat to ride!

the stroker was awesome! walle didnt have a problem keeping pace, in the drag race pat got me out of the hole by 2/3 a link and then it was dead even, neither gained a inch. both set ups are equal paced, only real difference was the intakes and walle has spark advance and of course the strokes!

as for the 700 vs pats, i had to run that 700 3/4-wot to keep pace, it wouldnt corner with pat but i could gain in the straights, there was a few curvy section i was shocked that pat was pulling away! both walle and the stroker were more then adequate matches for a 700 in the woods.

helmet cam shows the pace, but it still isnt the full speed, the run we did before the jerky was actually fast. sad it isnt usable. that would have really showed yall how the Texan does in the mountains! yall give me crap for being a mx guy and not understanding woods riding! hah, ask pat, i can more then hang!

Lol. You expected me to putt around! lol. Big difference between a machine with 4 wheels and an engine, compared to a horse with 4 hooves and a brain. The quad is WAY easier to ride. Lol. It is nothing for me to throw down some rubber! Yeah, man, DRW is also Trail Racer Weston! lol. Felt great to ride with someone that can keep up.

i see the ass end likes to skate around a bit on the gravel.... (mine to) ... hahaha stroker power!!!

Back