gyt-r jetting help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msufan

Reaction score
I had the local shop install my GYT-R kit (slip-on, jets and filter) several months ago. I've noticed my power band doesn't really hit until I'm in third gear. I took a look at the jet they installed from the kit. It looks like they left the pilot jet stock and put in the 170 main jet. The plug looks fine but it feels a little sluggish in 1st and 2nd. Also in warmer weather it's not running as smooth. I've been looking around and haven't seen anyone that has said they're running a 170 main jet. I'm hoping to go this weekend and try putting in some of the other jets to see what happens, but I was hoping to get some advice here first. Can you help me on this one? Thanks

I had the local shop install my GYT-R kit (slip-on, jets and filter) several months ago. I've noticed my power band doesn't really hit until I'm in third gear. I took a look at the jet they installed from the kit. It looks like they left the pilot jet stock and put in the 170 main jet. The plug looks fine but it feels a little sluggish in 1st and 2nd. Also in warmer weather it's not running as smooth. I've been looking around and haven't seen anyone that has said they're running a 170 main jet. I'm hoping to go this weekend and try putting in some of the other jets to see what happens, but I was hoping to get some advice here first. Can you help me on this one? Thanks

Im running a 195.

My friend helped me re-jet my raptor today. It runs like a completely different bike now. I can't believe how much it helped. Here are the details. The local dealer had the following settings installed:

2005 Raptor 350
GYTR slip on
GYTR High flow filter/no lid

Before:

Settings @450 ASL
170 main jet
22.5 pilot jet
Mixture screw was at 4 turns

Now:

Settings @ 450 ASL
155 main jet
27.5 pilot jet
Mixture scew is at 3 turns

Performs well, through all gears. Give it a little tug with 215lbs on board in the first couple of gears and the front end goes skyward.

I have better luck in 2nd gear since I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket.

Back