Getting my Crank Balancer Timed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello im at a snag atm and i have a service manual but its not saying anything about timing the balancer. I was seeing if anyone know's anything about getting these timed.
Here's an image of what im working with. 2001 Yamaha Warrior 350x
20210404_100133.jpg

and on a side note i cant find out what these screw holes are for
20210404_100519.jpg

Thanks for everyone who can help me out

Timing the balancer is pretty easy from what I’ve heard, there is a dot on each gear, and all you do is line them up (with the gears keyed in place of course). If I’m wrong , I’d like to know the proper way.

Timing the balancer is pretty easy from what I’ve heard, there is a dot on each gear, and all you do is line them up (with the gears keyed in place of course). If I’m wrong , I’d like to know the proper way.
you are correct there is. I didnt see the bots because i had to spray brake cleaner to get to see it

I would rather continue using this thread than start a new one. Anyone know how to get the cam in time?

Also, when you line the cam sprocket up at the top, it will never be perfect with the dot, it will either be a bit left or right. Make sure the sprocket dot is just barely left of the dot, so that when you put the tensioner on the cam chain it pulls it right, or back to center.

Back