Full Throttle stall

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadaim

Reaction score
Alright guys havnt been on here for a lil while lobstering has gotten good so iv been racking in the green. But I got a chance to take my warrior for a ride (decided not to sell it) and i was noticing if I was to hit the gas quick it would bog and sputter and somtimes even stall. Or it bogs down if i dump the clutch. I cleaned my Air filter (quite dirty) and it seemd to come back to life, days later it started to do it again. Now heres to my question do you think there might be somthing in my carb and any other possible reasons that might be causing this.

How long was it sitting for, and was the fuel drained while it was sitting? If it sat for a while with fuel in the carb it could have gummed up, accumulated water, etc. I'd take the carb apart and clean it out, and get some fresh fuel in the tank.

that could be enough time for the gas to gum up in the bowl. I'd start by cleaning out the carb. If it doesn't solve the problem at least it'll eliminate one of the possible causes.

yeah im ganna pick up some carb cleaner at Car Quest tommarow.. iv got to restock my self with some simple green also

You're probably running rich, do an exhaust check to see if any black soot or backfires occur. If this only happens when you really hit the throttle extremely quick it could just be the trademark warrior response. The edel carb solves that problem, it'll explode into acceleration no matter how hard you gun it.

Yes indeed, you need to lean that **** up!!! Give the motor V8 instead of gas and drop your needle or main jet down a step. Forget the first part, but make sure you have some extra time, the stock carb takes quite a while to adjust.

Ya it has been running rich for a while and i read somewhere on here that having your valve clearence not adjusted properly will cause that so i adjusted them and i guess that didnt do the trick so looks like ill be buying a jet kit with my new proflow air filter and my new starter(that **** the bed also along with my Starter Selinoid). Mom did some garage cleaning and through away my dyno jet kit :'(

Mom did some garage cleaning and through away my dyno jet kit :'(
Wow, that sucks. You should also buy/build a Lockable crate or toolbox just to put your small stuff like that in it. Hell it doesn't even have to be lockable, just if it's in something she shouldn't be able to see it just lying out in the open to trash it. I had to learn that the hard way... ::)
~Bill

yeah it does suck it was out of her reach to.. (shes 5 foot tall) and she still managed to climb up on the shelves to through it away.. along with my home built weedwacker i built in automotives hahaha

Latest posts

Back