Fuel Everywhere

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma

Reaction score
Hello everybody, cool to be here. I have a 2000-2004 (not sure of the year) yamaha warrior that has been sitting several years in the bed of my tacoma and I just pulled it out to start it up again. Put a new battery started to fill the tank and low and behold gas goes everywhere. Dripping out of the pitcock and the 2 vent/overflow tubes coming off of the carb. So I've ordered a new pitcock and am in the process of pulling the carb off to try to clean out the inside but not exactly sure what I'm doing. While I'm at this I'm going to do some other basic maintenance things but have some questions.

I've tried to look up this problem, I'm seeing that its most likely stuck float valve or something? I'm not sure I understand how this works.
Should I just be looking at a new carb? What do these run?
Should I be getting a new float and pin to just go ahead and swap those out?
Anything else to look for during that?
Just verifying, the fuel lines should be 1/4" ID right? Ones on there are really tough and old so I'm going to change those
When it comes to the screw that adjusts idle flow I saw something say that it depends on altitude, I'm at 5000ft so I was wondering how many turns back that should be?
Air filter is dirty, does brand matter?
Going to go ahead and change the spark plug, brand matter? Hard to source these kinds of things and know for sure it fits the application.
What is the ideal oil to put in after doing an oil change?

I might think of some more but it would really be great if somebody could help me with that. I have not worked on these things ever, but I do my own truck mechanic work a lot and can be handy. Thank you.

Back