front sprocket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigranger

Reaction score
I have heard that going up to a 14 tooth front sprocket is a good mod for the 350. With my new pipe and filter I can pull wheelies without clutching it, will I loose the ability to do this if I go up to the 14. I love to wheelie but I also need to go fast so I can hang with my friends on 450s, 660s, and know a 700. Any input would be nice.

a bigger front sprocket would be worth it if you ride places where you can get 6th gear wound out all the way. I don't like the 14 tooth for trail riding because you do lose a noticable amount of acceleration and it can be harder to find the right gear sometimes. I don't think you would lose your ability to wheelie, but the taller gearing would make it more difficult.

a bigger front sprocket would be worth it if you ride places where you can get 6th gear wound out all the way. I don't like the 14 tooth for trail riding because you do lose a noticable amount of acceleration and it can be harder to find the right gear sometimes. I don't think you would lose your ability to wheelie, but the taller gearing would make it more difficult.

Well then what do you think is a better front sprocket?

the 450s and 700s are FAST machines; unless you have one of them or something worked to the balls you and any other quad will have trouble staying them them; a 14T isnt the answer.

I just wanted it to be a lil easier stay with them because we do a lot of street riding to get to spots.
But I guess it's not worth it.

in the spring im movin too a 14 tooth front and back down to 20in. rears... i like the 12 tooth but im always in way to high of a gear on fast trails... it feels like i need a little more top when im riding with the bigger quads

Back