Frame problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001cheapwarrior

Reaction score
Well I've found that my frame is bent after looking more at it. When I measure from the peg to the upper ball joint it is 24.5 on the left and 26 on the right. You can see it in the picture. My question is have any of you fixed a frame like this before. I know I really need to get a whole new frame but right now that's not an option. I was thinking about using a come-a-along and trying it. Just wondering if anybody else had experience fixing (or making better) anything like this. Thanks for the help.

I've seen someone do it before on the FB group. Personally, I would strip the bike down (maybe just the front suspension) and uses a come along or something similar. Afterwards, weld in some bracing where the frame is bent at. That is one of the weak points of the warrior frame.

Thanks man. I don't know how I didn't see this before. I can ride it but the steering is way off of course and I'm just not ok with half assing something after I've put so much time in it already. I'm thinking if I strap it to something stationary under the motor and on top then hook the come along to the front I might be able to atleast get it better.

Be careful where you strap the straight part of the frame, you don't want to bend another part of the frame. The more load points you can hold the frame by, the better the load will be distributed. If I did it, I would clamp/strap the frame to something like a wall, so it can hold the frame straight.

Your going to need to heat it where the down tube just in front of the motor where it meats the lower frame rails, that's where it is bent. I've had to fix one myself.

Man that really sucks. Someone mentioned using a wall to brace that frame, just make sure you don't accidentally tear your wall down. Even a block wall could be ruined if you aren't careful. You will have to draw a lot control lines to know where the frame needs to be. I would use some sort of channel or pipe cut in half at any attachement points to dissipate the force. When you are done I would add an X or at least an H inside the part that bent. And I'm not sure if a frame needs tempering. I'm not even sure what grade of steel a frame would be made of but I suspect heating and bending it will weaken it some. Good luck with that thing, I know how it is to have one thing after another come up on these.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Probably gonna strap it to a tree in a few different spots then hook a come along to another tree and see what happens haha. Yeah i thought I was getting a deal when I bought it but recently I've realized I don't think I did so well. Whenever I do straighten it I will post during and after pictures.

Just to clarify, I said something like a wall. So two trees in a line or something similar. I hope no one would ever mount the frame to their garage and then pull it down lol. I should have clarified earlier, but thanks for the warning Bart.

I would just re align the toe and keep riding it until you find a new frame.

Yeah I didn't mean to discredit anyone, it's just that there are a lot of people in this country these days that live in a fake world and don't really know much about stuff. Because I don't really know who may read stuff like this I put that in just so no-one did try that. I could just see someone doing that. But obviously someone tearing an atv down and working on them probably has decent common sense. I've seen people do some unbelievable things though. Good luck with that frame.

Found a frame 2 and a half hours away for 150 bucks. Comes with wheels and tires, rear plastics, gas tank, and all suspension. Thinking about getting it.

Sounds like a good deal.

And no hurt feelings Bart, I know where you are coming from haha, I've seen some people do stuff that doesn't make sense lol.

Thanks tcwes8. I'm supposed to be getting one next week from a guy in sc but if it doesn't work out I'll definitely let you know. Supposed to be getting the bare frame, front arms and brakes, steering stem, and front wheels cause mine are bent.

Yeah hopefully picking it up next week when I'm not on call for work. There was another one all together besides motor but that guy never emailed me back. Anybody have experience with how paint holds up on these frames? I would like to do powder coating but that's a lol out of my price range.

my 88 is painted. I just bought it off gen1pat. It seems to be holding up great

Back