First warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! Im digging the white and black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well got a lot done today. Sadly I think after test driving today I think it needs a clutch. Not sure why. When I ride it and give it heavy throttle and it revs really fast but when you get up to speed in the same gear and let off the gas the rpms go down like the clutch was slipping under acceleration. Any suggestions on good clutches? But besides that everything else rode good. Need to adjust my chain again. Did an alignment since it was way off from when the frame was bent and got it going pretty straight. Also recovered my seat. Laid a thin piece of foam from work down on the top cause the seat foam had a big ditch in it. Putting the new cover on was a serious pain in the ass.

Went ahead and ordered the tusk clutch kit with heavy duty springs. When I install I'm gonna remove the wavy spacers and install the extra steel. Hope it works well. Check the clutch adjustment tonight just to make sure it wasn't something I did with the raptor conversion. Everything seemed to be right but still slips under throttle.

Put the new tusk clutch and heavy duty springs in tonight. Also added a thin steel and took out the two wavy cushion washers. The clutch is a thousand times better and will haul when you get on it. With the raptor clutch mod and the heavy duty springs I can still easily operate the clutch with two fingers.

Your warrior looks really nice. Great job on the rebuild. It makes me want to do a white warrior some day.

Really nice job man. Looks great. Nice clean machine....now get her muddy!!--Haha

Well I went on my first long ride tonight (about an hour and a half). First thing is engine is making a slight noise. Sounded like valve noise but after feeling around seems to be coming from somewhere in the bottom end. Hopefully tearing the side cover off of it this weekend. Another problem I found is when going in or out of small creek beds it bottoms out bad and I get stuck where the bigger fourwheelers have left big ruts. I have another seat of rear tires that I think are an inch bigger that I might try. I know it is a common problem but it happened a lot tonight. Anybody else have this problem a lot where they ride?

I have 22 inch back tires on one of my warrior and i still get stuck on stuff. you just have to ty to stay ontop of the ruts

Ditching the skid plate and running a sprocket guard and rotor guard helped me a lot with ground clearance, and I run 20" rears.

Thanks guys. I'm running 20s now. I think my old set of back tires are 21 so I might try those. Where do you get the sprocket and rotor guard?

Sounds good. Might end up getting 22 inch tires for the back eventually but I just bought the used set I have now so I'm gonna run them for a while.

Back