First warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got the majority of my parts painted so hopefully gonna start assembling the new frame this weekend. Also replaced the steering stem bearing. I don't know how they expect you to have a 30mm Allen socket to get the nut out above the bearing. Lucky I had a old bolt laying around that fit perfectly. Locked two bits down on it and spun it right out.

Well I got the engine pulled, cleaned, and installed on the new frame. Was expecting it to be a lot heavier than it was but didn't have any trouble getting it around. Also got the rear swing arm, axle, and new chain and sprockets installed.

Great job man! You remember me when i got my Warrior.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got the steering stem and front suspension mounted today. Just need to sandblast the tie rods and paint those. Also ordered parts for the raptor clutch mod and a msr universal clutch perch. Also got the bars put on and put the carb back on the motor. It's amazing what some steel wool does for some old shocks.

Well I got the front calipers mounted, airborne installed, and did the raptor clutch mod with a msr clutch lever. I'm gonna post these pictures in the sticky thread so maybe it will help somebody else when they are doing it.

Well I finally got brakes worked out after a lot of cussing. Waiting for my front master cylinder to get here this week. Also bent my new shifter and mounted it. Got my exhaust cleaned up and ready to go back on too. Hopefully in the home stretch. But I've said that before so I better shut up.lol

Thanks a lot guys. I'm not sure how long the white covers will hold up but they look good now. Had to bend the shifter a little more than I wanted but had to do it to get it to clear. Got the front master cylinder in the mail today so that will be going on this weekend.

Picked up these wheels and tires tonight. Paid a lil bit more than I wanted but it's really hard to find any. I've been looking on Craigslist for months. But they aren't too bad and the tires have good tread. They are off of a raptor 660.

Well haven't had much time lately to work on it. Got the front master cylinder put on and bled and put the tie rods on Tuesday. Planned on working on it all day today but got called into work so only got to work on it for a couple hours. Got the exhaust on, put oil on the motor. Test fit the plastics so I could trim them a little bit. Hoping to finish painting them soon and order a seat cover this week.

Well my brother is an engineer for a big fabrication company and we happened to be talking about powder coating. Found out he could get me a killer deal through his company. I'm gonna get all four wheels done black for a total of 10 dollars. I really wish I would've known this when I was painting all my other parts. But oh well. Gonna get those done soon and my new seat cover should be here next week.

No I have a set of steel raptor wheels and tires I posted above. The old ones are gold and only the fronts are gold and the rears are white. I like the gold and they are much lighter but sadly the left front is bent pretty bad. Wish I had a whole set of gold but the black powdercoat won't look too bad and at least will match.

Latest posts

Back