filter kit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when u take the lid off of the stock airbox, do u have to use ur outerwear on the k&n? What are the benefits?

The outerwear does a number of things. It is waterproof, so if water and mud splashes on the filter it won't actually touch the element, it will just bead off. it also keeps larger particles of dirt from getting to the filter element and restricting flow. I found when I started using an outerwear when I had a k&n filter I was cleaning the filter much less frequently than I did without it.

Would it be advisable to run an outerwears over a foam filter? I was thinking of going foam cause they are so cheap and easy to clean, but I don't want one if it is going to suck water like crazy.

Pro Design UNI is the way to go for trail riding, especially in MI's weather!!! ;D Absolutely no prob with water getting through the foam outerwear, I've sunk it up to ass level a couple times.

What is that adapter plate thing in the Noss one??

With the Uni filter???

I didn't get one of those with my Uni filter???

Does anyone make a kit to ditch the airbox altogether?

And if so, is it advisable?

What is that adapter plate thing in the Noss one??

With the Uni filter???

I didn't get one of those with my Uni filter???

The adapter plate is to convert yamaha's sketchy drop in filter system to a clamp on filter. Aside from sealing up better, it also allows you to run without an airbox lid for more power.

is the k&n hard to clean?

K&N's are easy as pie to clean. All you do is spray the filter cleaner on the element, wait a few minutes, then spray the filter down with a garden hose to clean it off. After the filter air dries you re-apply the filter oil with a spray can or squeeze bottle. I found this type of filter to be much easier to clean than my foam uni filter, and a lot less messy than screwing around with the sticky filter oil that you have to massage into the foam ones.

Foam is tougher to clean, but takes much longer to plug up. Even in dusty conditions you can ride for several days before the filter loses it's air volume intake. As for the K&N it'll make your motor run rich after just a couple days of dust, so you should buy a spare to take with you on multiple day trips. As for performance I couldn't even tell the difference between the two.

Back