Exhausts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
Why does everyone think a $500 exhaust will make it go so much faster but putting a pipe will increase the performance and make it lighter but its not going to add a extra 50hp not on a four-stroke anyway ( I dunno about a two-stroke)
Long story short what is the difference between a $500 pipe and a balck cobra exhaust for a YFM 350? Except maybe its chrome and its maybe a couple grams lighter?What is that extra $350 paying for ? I pretty sure its not chrome because to chrome a ATV Pipe would be like a $100 maybe.

The only other I thought of is sound maybe. Some pipes have differents baffles . My pipe is F'ing loud(I just have a Cobra pipe because im only 14 and I don't have a job....yet.)Cobra's diameter is larger than stock,i'm not sure how much exactly.

Well for the price u bought a cobra exhaust....U could have just bought an HMF slip on Sports Series Exhaust for about 230 dollers.....Its 1 hell of and exhaust...and its also loud, and many power gains. I just put my on tonight and Im glad i bought that exhaust

i don't know the advantage of a $500 pipe, but there are obvious advantages of a good $200-$250 pipe against the stock exhaust or a cheaper pipe like a cobra. From what i've heard, and experience with cobras on other quads, they aren't a big step up from the stock exhaust, they're much louder louder(sometimes too loud), but i don't think they offer much of a power gain, they look cheap, and they are also built cheap. I only know 2 people that had cobra pipes(400ex and a kawi bayou 300). Both had problems with the pipe breaking(mounts on 400ex, the exhaust tubing weld on the bayou) A pipe like an hmf or wb gives a more noticable power gain, has a cleaner and better sounding exhaust note, and has a better build quality and appearance. If you compare the size of the core in an hmf or wb pipe it's much larger than the core size in a cobra, which allows for better flow and still does a better job of restricting the sound

screw em all, slap a home made straigt pipe on there and save yourself some $$
nobody on here will tell you the difference between a $500 pipe and a $100 pipe, cause none of them know, none of these guys work for HMF or Cobra, they just waste their money on their overblown products and then blow smoke up your ass saying how much better theirs is

screw em all, slap a home made straigt pipe on there and save yourself some $$
nobody on here will tell you the difference between a $500 pipe and a $100 pipe, cause none of them know, none of these guys work for HMF or Cobra, they just waste their money on their overblown products and then blow smoke up your ass saying how much better theirs is

What jumped up your ass today?

Cobra pipes are not made near as rigid as most more expensive exhaust systems. The truth is you get what you pay for. HMF is obviously the best bang for the buck.

Well you know how good my cobra pipe was? How about a little hint:

cobrashit.jpg

Yea... My cobra pipe was annoyingly ******* loud (sounded like a VERY loud wet fart), Was built like ****, and gave me NO noticeable gains over stock. The Cobra Jet Exhaust (supposedly one of Cobra's best "performance" exhausts for ATVs) lasted me 6 months before breaking the mounting bracket and was a ******* abortion of a pipe from day one. Is there a differance? YES! The build quality of pipes $250.00 and up is definitely superior to the cheapo's, you notice HP gains and throttle response increases, they sound much better, they look much better, they last, and have better options (discs, endcaps, core inserts).

A waste of money is buying a cheap pipe that will blow the packing out the back and mounting brackets that break clean off the can. I am not one of these brand loyal pricks on here I have owned cheap pipes and ive owned more expensive ones; is the cost of a more expensive pipe over a cheapo' worth it? You bet your ass it is... But hey wtf do I know? I have owned pipes in all price ranges don't take my word for it...

I have owned:

Cobra Jet Exhaust <- was built like ass/****/kaka/doodie!
FMF Titanium 4 <- can was way to long and looked douchey.
Pro Circuit T4 <- I love it!
and soon a HMF <- I like the looks of the black ones and want to try it out.

yes I have a different cobra exhaust then your megaphone one.The megaphone one truly is a piece of **** but my sport one is much better.It does cost more though.

On the other hand, at 14 when cash basically amounts to gifts and allowances, get what you can afford.

Basically an aftermarket pipe is going to be an improvement over stock.

Just don't expect it to last forever. If it lasts 2 years, great! Yu can get a job when you're 16 and get a better quality one.

Bottom line: spend what you are comfortable spending.

Slip-ons? I dont really like the idea of a slip-on but on the other hand i dont really know much about them . Does slip-on just mean you can just slip the pipe on to the header and bolt it on.

Yes, U can slip on to the stock header, and there is also some others around here that have slip ons slip on to another aftermarket header

im looking into the fmf powerbomb header. i have a hmf slip on and i love it. im not a brand loyal prick like death say when it comes to pipes.. but if i had to buy another pipe it would most likly be a hmf full exhaust system.

yes I have a different cobra exhaust then your megaphone one.The megaphone one truly is a piece of **** but my sport one is much better.It does cost more though.

All cobra pipes are pretty much the exact same design just made from diffrent materials. The jet pipe is the best one cobra sells.

i havent used my white brothers e series yet but i have a lot of confidence in it

i wanted one even before i even thought of getting a quad

Back