Engine Mounting Bolt Size??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksowin87

Reaction score
Anybody know what the diameter of the engine mounting bolts are?... I used a micrometer and fount it was close to 7/16 so I went to lowes and bought some and came back and no-go!! they were too big... the next size down is 3/8 and i tried one and it seemed like it wasnt as snug as it should be??? I need the diameter so i can get them so i can ride!! Any ideas???:argh::argh:

Go to a machine shop. Many places carry a full supple of metric and sae bolts and fasteners. If you're really desperate, get hardend threaded rod, lock washers and nylon lock nuts. That way you can cut the rod to length. Also, MOST hardend bolts and threaded rod are blackish in color. I can't remember what grade the factory engine mount bolts are, but I wanna say they are no more the grade 8.

cant believe how hard it is to find bolt sizes for these machines.. when I need a bolt size for my honda or kawi I just look it up in the OEM parts catalogue things found all over the net... The Yamaha one for warrior 350 just says "Flanged Bolt" for every damn bolt :(

Thanks for the M10 info I believe its a M10x70(roughly 3inches long) now I just need to find out what all the plastic mounting bolts are and skid plate mounting bolts

Always remeber 3/8 is slightly smaller than 10mm. And nearly all jap bikes use, 6mm, 10mm and 12mm diameter bolts. For ceratin big stuff you may see 14mm. And if memory serves they all use 1.25 thread pitch. And socket sizes range from 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, and 17mm. Wheel hub nuts are usually 22mm. It's pretty much like jap cars/trucks.

Always remeber 3/8 is slightly smaller than 10mm. And nearly all jap bikes use, 6mm, 10mm and 12mm diameter bolts. For ceratin big stuff you may see 14mm. And if memory serves they all use 1.25 thread pitch. And socket sizes range from 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, and 17mm. Wheel hub nuts are usually 22mm. It's pretty much like jap cars/trucks.

from my experience they typically use the pitch that is standard for the bolt size.. so a M8 uses 1.25 and a M6 is 1.0 etc couldnt say if thats what Yamaha has done but my honda and kawi are like that which is nice cause I can always get bolts at HW store for the 3 engine mount bolts it cost me a wopping $3 including nuts and washers

When I figure out what all the bolt sizes are ill post here... I have old ones to compare to so shouldnt be tough will just take a couple extra days as Im not making a special trip for it :p

Back