Engine knock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyWarrior

Reaction score
New here, never really tried this before but whatever. Ive got a 95 warrior and it has a knocking noise. Not too sure where its coming from, sounds like bottom end. I am trying to pin point the problem, with funds being limited trying to save. not really sure where to start either or if its actually bottom end. Got it not to long ago for 800$ because it sat outside for 12 years.

Attachments

• 1F5C6BF3-FDB3-4F43-A90B-AA35949A3121.MOV
    197.2 KB
Hey there, welcome.
Guys more knowledgeable will be along soon to answer your questions.
Got any pics handy? Pictures can help too.

It's always hard to tell on video. But these motors are difficult to take the top end off of to inspect the rod and crank.
What's the least difficult way if there's any he can do to figure it out?

It's always hard to tell on video. But these motors are difficult to take the top end off of to inspect the rod and crank.
I was replacing the stator a few days ago and grabbed the crank and tried to shake it but no play. Not sure if this means bearings are good or not. Tomorrow ill go in with a stethoscope and see what i can find. It had the original oil filter in it too, when i took that out there was a good amount of flakes in the back of the filter.

I was replacing the stator a few days ago and grabbed the crank and tried to shake it but no play. Not sure if this means bearings are good or not. Tomorrow ill go in with a stethoscope and see what i can find. It had the original oil filter in it too, when i took that out there was a good amount of flakes in the back of the filter.
Did you check to see if the flakes were magnetic? If it's in the bottom end I'm thinking it would be the rod bearing.

Latest posts

Back