Engine Builders

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
Does anyone know any canadian engine builders? I think I'm going to put new engine in my quad because I have to do to much engine work it will cost too much(dealer charges $75/hour just for labour) so I asks them if the sell the raptor 350 crate motors. I havent got a reponse yet.

I mean just fix what you got.......

What kind of repairs are you looking at? it really cant be worth it to buy a new engine over rebuilding our existing one...but let me know

ok heres wat I got to do:
1.replace almost all the trannys gasket and one top end gasket
2.fix the gear slipping problem(replace worn tranmission gears)
3.replace the front sprockets axle
The thing is my dad says he doesnt want to spen his weekends working on it and the dealer charges $75 it they said it will take them 12 hours to do one of those jobs just for labour. But my dad knows this super smart mechanic guy that fixes A LOT of stuff (he is always busy) and he could probably do it for a lot cheaper. Or I could try and pull it apart with instructions from my service manual.

P.S. man my dad is so discouraging sometimes!

hey man, where in Ontario are you? I'm in Delhi (about 20 min North of Turkey Point). If you want, I could fix that engine up for $15 an hour, but it might take me a little longer than the shop, I get a 15% discount at the local toy store so I can also grab gaskets and parts for cheap, also remember that if your tearing the engine down that far it would be a good time for a port and polish and valve job. And dude, I'm a transport truck mechanic and have been around big and small engines alike...I know what I'm doing.......something to think about....let me know

ok! sweet man i'll drop the info on my dad see what he thinks about it.Oh ya I almost forgot I live in Cambridge/Kitchener Area. I know your area I think I have been there before. hey have you been to gopher dunes? I think i'm going to try and race there next year with my warrior!

I can't do the port and polish, you would have to hire a machine shop for that, but I have a local one in mind. i know gopher dunes but have never been there, thinking of going into a poker run there next year.

First things first, you gotta get a price quote from a dealer for:
1) rings
2)complete gasket set
3)needed transmission gears
4)countershaft

then figure a few hundered for a port and polish...if you want one

but get back to me on what daddy-o says

alrighty

hey we should hook up on a ride sometime come spring.....I'm up near Guelph once in a while, where are your good riding spots up there? Add me on msn or PM me

The only places I ride are the trails around my house and gopher dunes. But ya, that would be awesome because the only people I ride with are some dude on 250R(dirt-bike) I used to ride with some 300EX but he disappeared. Ya sometime in the spring my dad knows everywhere and everything in Guelph. Always nice to ride on different trails!

Back