Engine and Tranny problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy249

Reaction score
Bought a "freshly rebuilt" engine and a chassis, supposed to have been all complete, it's far from it. I recently found a hole in the block near the sprocket like the chain may have popped. It was covered with some sort of epoxy putty from what I could tell. Supposedly the guy never knew it was there...can I use JB weld? I think the read this first said I could, just confirming... Ingot the motor back in, it's a late 80's or early 90's, but not a 99 to match the frame, it has a pull start and the mount bolts are smaller than the bolts I bought for a 99, I drilled them out a bit to fit.

Next problem, my sprocket spins free, I thought it was in neutral, but I finally reattached the shift linkage and I can shift it into gear (engine still not running) and the sprocket still spins free. I feel I've been hosed big time. Naturally the seller is" just as suprized as me" blah blah think he's lying. I'm gunna have to tear into this "rebuilt" motor now and see if there's anything even in it.

Back