Electrical Nightmare help please

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok....i understand you now. Use the 88-89 harness with 88-89 cdi on 87 stator. now the orange wire from the cdi goes to the ignition coil which i don't have. and i dont have the ignition unit where the key goes in.

Coil is 25$ from rm stator and any key switch from 87 to 96 will fit pretty sure I'll check that now ps I have one With key

Last edited:
cool i will let you know. I had a brand new key and ignition switch but it "disapeared" along with the ignition coil, new chain, new rear tires, and a gallon of oil when i picked the quad up from my buddies house a week ago.

thanks again for the help. i really appreciate it. when i get the rest of the parts i need i will give that setup a try and see what happens.

I also need a silencer if you have one or know someone who does. Doesn't matter what it is, stock or aftermarket just something that works.

I might have some of the things you need I am parting out my 92 and all of the electrical is still available key and ignition, cdi, coil
wire harness

Bones, are you still out there?

I read this posts, mine has an 87 harness, stator, cdi, and all, it appears it is om a 98 frame. I bought it as a project, I have no lights its in neutral, and no spark. I have an 88 cid, can I try that with the 87 harness? And I'm at a loss as to what all to do. Thanks

Hi yfm350 owners. Now I hope I'm not steppin on any bodies toes, and I'm not a salesman. I am a Yamaha yfm350 Raptor owner. One who had a melted wiring harness when I purchased it from the scrap yard. Wondered why I got a good deal. Anyway I could ramble on for ever about the electrical but it's easier to suggest Amazon. Screamin deals on all the electric parts and everything other part as well. Ah except one thing the actual fuel tank, couldn't find one of them. Okay I hope suggesting Amazon didn't offend anyone. Bye now, Harry.

Back