Disintegrating Chain Rollers - SOLVED!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
....(I think)

After a 45 minute drive to get to the Warrior and the riding location (Death, be glad you didn't drive up), I jump out of the car with the new chain rollers, determned to find the problem once and for all.

What do I find? it appears a 'certain someone' was riding the quad with 3-4 inches of slack in the chain!!!!

So I figure, throw the rollers on, tighten the chain and off I go, right? Nope!

It appears riding a Warrior with 3-4 inches of slack in the chain is just enough slack for the chain to catch, and snap off, the stud that the bushing/roller mount to.

So the new rollers did me no good. I was headed home within an hour of my arrival, fuming the whole way.

So my last ride (actually, my first worthwile ride) before the teardown never happened.

It is probably best I bite my tongue at this point....... :-X

...SO PISSED! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought u said someone who races or somebody that knows what hes doing adjusted it for you.

Yeah, but that was a couple weeks ago and it has been ridden quite a bit since then- I think it just stretched.

It wouldn't stretch and give you that much slack; not even a new chain would if you ride 5 times a week (unless it was really crap), is this a new chain or something?

It wouldn't stretch and give you that much slack; not even a new chain would if you ride 5 times a week (unless it was really crap), is this a new chain or something?

Dunno. As usual I am never around when 'things' go wrong with it.

Back