Direct shifter for big bear setup

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just under 30 from what I remember for a stock 01 banshee shifter.

I just made my own and found out that the shifter can hit the recoil for those of us with one. All I had to do was bend the lever out about 10 - 15 degrees in order to make it work. I agree that it makes a huge difference. Shifting is much more crisp and the throw is shorter.

I thought of that, but completely forgot to mention it. It is a easy fix regardless, since the basic design allows the lever to extend much further out if needed/desired.

Thanks man. I hate my stock setup and an oil cooler is going to be one of my first mods.

Oil coolers are a big plus+plus for us, it's quite easy to overheat the motor even with a small number of mods while cruising the woods or tight courses.

And for those of you without the big bear, I used a Moose YZ250 99 to 05 foldable steel shifter, just needed slight tweeking to fit perfect.

Forget about the moose shifter, once I put the GYT-R stator cover on it wouldn't fit, and required a lot of bending, and then shifting leverage was reduced so much it was actually hard to ****. So I made Boxheads design which is awsome.....

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

As you can see I didn't have to bend mine strait as i don't have a bigbear oil cooler setup.

Forget about the moose shifter, once I put the GYT-R stator cover on it wouldn't fit, and required a lot of bending, and then shifting leverage was reduced so much it was actually hard to ****.

yo dave, if you got problems with ****'n you might want to take something or see the doc for that :)

[quote:q6b39mds]Forget about the moose shifter, once I put the GYT-R stator cover on it wouldn't fit, and required a lot of bending, and then shifting leverage was reduced so much it was actually hard to ****.

yo dave, if you got problems with ****'n you might want to take something or see the doc for that :)[/quote:q6b39mds]
Nice a little typo error.

I know this thread is old but could somebody post a picture of the big bear direct shifter please. I saw it on here before when I wasn't thinking of doing the oil cooler mod, and I have an idea what it looks like in a way just want to be sure I'm making it right.

Cool thanks that helps alot. now if the weather cooperates I can get it done. were I live we are suppose to have about anywhere from 6 inches to a foot of snow and it's cold as hell out there. So it might be a while before I can get it done.

Anyone be willing to mod a shifter for me for my 02 Warrior? That linkage thing is already bothering me as it's really hard to tell what gear it's in and doesn't seem to always want to shift it. I don't have any welding tools or anything though so I really couldn't make one my self.

I guess this is for the bigbear stuff, I guess I just need a YZ250F shifter or something similar? Or a banshee or YFZ450 shifter as well?

Why do u have to use the whole big bear adapter? Just the cap should let oil flow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back