Direct shifter for big bear setup

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't you just weld the stock lever onto the part with the splines and then bend it? Also, instead of making the cut at 2.5in can't you just bend it?

To bend it you need a pretty hot torch but that is what I did -> bent it. Also the stock shifter isn't long enough you have to use a banshee shifter...

shifterb.jpg

how are they length wise? it looks like it may be a little too short

They are actually perfect length wise and I have a 13 Mens shoe size... I found myself pressing harder on the shifter then needed because I was use to moving my foot so much more to make up for the linkage sloppyness lol.

With the banshee shifter you actually barely even need to move your foot anymore. You dont have to lift your whole ******* foot anymore to downshift out of 6th gear! ;D As for welding the shifter to the splines I wouldn't do it, entirely too risky.

Yeah, I definately am going to go with this mod.

Last weekend I went out for a day of hard riding. I missed so many shifts, it was rediculous!!

I'll probably do this even before I do the Big Bear setup.

How much did you pay for the shifter? I found one at Ronnies.com for about $27. Is there a cheaper place I can go. All local dealers about $1 dollar more.

I didn't bend it at all when I designed it, I simply cut it with a band saw and welded it back together with some clamps already holding it in the finished form. While the welds were still hot I dropped it in ice water to heat treat them. Usually when you bend metals they will bend back more easily.

Latest posts

Back