diamond j / yfz shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fperri302

Reaction score
So i have done some searching on here and have read people praising the diamond j shock adapter / yfz 450 shock combo and I have also seen people shitting on it pretty hard as well hhahaha ... I know the adapter changes the shock angle if you stay with stock A-arms ... My question is how bad is it? Is there any angle left or is it literally straight up and down? Hows it ride? Anyone running this got any pics from a front view ? Or have any input on this? I would just buy extended A-arms however My bikes and 87 and as we all know they are not something that is readily available... I need to do something cause these stock shocks are beating the **** out of me !!! Thanks for any help!!

banshee shocks work pretty well over the warriors. the diamond j kit wasnt really meant for jumps or motorcross, mroe of flattrack or ice racing, but thats what i was told for the whole system.
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22512
87 warrior 917 ran that setup for a bit, heres the link for his pictures they give a pretty good idea of what your looking at, but hes got + a arms which are made with stock shock locations i believe since hes running fox floats for warrior/banshee now

yah what i was talking about was for the a arms widening kit, those cant take the abuse from motorcross

If your problem is the stock shocks being too rough, forget yfz450 shocks, they're very very far from a smooth ride. Ever ride a 450? When you go over rough terrain, it feels like you have about the same shock absorbtion capabilities of a skateboard. As previously noted, a good set of banshee shocks (by good I mean not 15 years old and worn out) will have a smoother ride than the stock warrior shocks. Other than that, you're looking at spending $300 on aftermarket shocks, or waiting until you find a used set on ebay.

Latest posts

Back