Cylinder Head porting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFTuning

Reaction score
I am posting this thread because their doesn't seem to be a lot of
Of info on the web about porting yamaha warrior cylinder heads in particular
In the past i have done a alot on high performance vw watercooled engines and have custom cast turbo manifolds. it seems to be all to common to hear oh ya i had
My head port and polished. But when asked they have know idea if it improved the flow
Or not, or how much cfm it flows or whats the port velocity.
A lot of people seem very clueless. Well i had it port and polished so it must be
Good right? I have an 01 warrior and when I first saw
The insides of the ports my first thoughts were, there is room for a lot
Of improvement. So I am going to do some r&d work on the warrior
Cylinder head and see what kind of improvements i can make and keep everyone posted
On the development.

Yes keep us posted very interested. I did a home port job on mine and all I can say is its definitely worth it. I have a quite a bit of experience in the automotive field and helped a machine shop for awhile. So I didn't go crazy on it. I just looked at it and ground on it till it looked like it would flow nicely. Like some of the automotive heads I have done.

I can tell you this porting made a huge difference in power and I just put in a cam and springs by itself and that made a tremendous difference also.

I wish I would of taken pictures of my ported head. I was in a hurry to get it together.

Last edited:
Sounds good man. My head was P&P'ed and then bench tested. Thread on here somewhere with pics and info.

Good info in that thread. I'm going to get a Web .390 the 88 grind. I hope it works well with the JE 366 10.25:1 piston.

What was your opinion on the web cam 84 grind.

I love it. I can't tell much difference down low. Mid to top end pulls hard. The only difference I can tell is that I have to give it a hair more gas to get it rolling or moving but once above a fast idle there is no power loss on my bike. I will be in turns and power out of them and it will lift the tire with less weight off the ground.

I would recommend it to anyone with close to the same mods. I took it trail riding yesterday and loved it.

LMFAO!!!^^^!!!^^^!!!^^^!!!^^^!!! That's too ******* funny how you posted that just before me.

Back