• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Custom swingarms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you make +3 ones or is +4 your standard? cuz id like it to be alittle longer in the rear but not so much so it can still raise up quite easy. or no

no i mean like do you make them +3 or +2 instead of +4 so its not that dramatically long?

425 with you paying shipping for everything and sending me a stock swing arm to cut up. With that money ill order the swing arm parts( carrier housing and shock tabs) But it depends what housing you want, cause the more pricey ones, ill need more to cover it. I also have to get more tubing.
BTW ill only do the 2nd design that is like the wedge type. The cheaper one is not strong enough imo

^^^Info^^^

Hes done with fab work
To expand on whats been siad so far, hes done it but the liability is to high for something that takes so much abuse regularly for him to do it for anyone but himself. He'd take it personally if he did and some one was hurt. I myself would have confidence in his work, but wouldnt push him to make a set. He did run the ones he built hard and they held up great. I think you understand why he doesnt want to. Not to mention with all the fab time he wouldnt be able to sell them much cheaper than ones already avaliable.

To expand on whats been siad so far, hes done it but the liability is to high for something that takes so much abuse regularly for him to do it for anyone but himself. He'd take it personally if he did and some one was hurt. I myself would have confidence in his work, but wouldnt push him to make a set. He did run the ones he built hard and they held up great. I think you understand why he doesnt want to. Not to mention with all the fab time he wouldnt be able to sell them much cheaper than ones already avaliable.

Couldn't have said it better. Swing arms are a lil easier to make durable, but a arms kinda scare me. Ive made a +3 set for a 1st gen warrior, and beat the **** out of them for about 10 hours STRAIGHT. They held up fine, BUT tooke me literally about 15-16hrs to build. I have faith in my work but if someone got hurt id feel bad. Ive made 3 swingarms total. 1 for Deadlast, 1 for Dunerweston, and 1 for myself which has been sold. I have beat the crap out of mine for a total of 30 hours, including hill climbs, hardcore trails, and some pretty massive jumpe (according to me) haha and it held up fine. I do have the set of 1st gen a arms ive built, and would possibly sell them if someone was interested and sent me a letter that included that you take FULL responsability for anything that could happen to them and im not responsible. Now a day theres alot of ppl out there that try and sue someone for the worst reason... im sure you guys understand.
Scott

Back