Custom hoods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ideas does everyone have for a custom hood these days? My next build doesn’t have headlights so I would like to do something with the hood.
Get some card board and start shaping until you find something that looks good to you. Then get some thin abs plastic, heat it up to the shape you picked and I used jb plastic weld to put mine on but you can use screws to rivets.

Get some card board and start shaping until you find something that looks good to you. Then get some thin abs plastic, heat it up to the shape you picked and I used jb plastic weld to put mine on but you can use screws to rivets.
I tried one like that before but tried fiberglass and failed miserably. I'm just looking for ideas for what to actually do/ make it look like.

I tried one like that before but tried fiberglass and failed miserably. I'm just looking for ideas for what to actually do/ make it look like.
Mine I kind of made it just follow the warrior front end, then cut the front back to allow more air flow to the oil cooler. It took me several changes with cardboard before I liked how it looked. The nice thing is, there is no right or wrong making your own scoop, it's what looks good to you.

I have an idea to get my design modeled and vacuum formed, but likely will need a significant investment to make it happen.

Back